This year’s 618 smartphone sales reached 134 million units, with Apple’s market share reaching as high as 42%
618 smartphone sales this year 134 million units; Apple's market share 42%
【PhoneAuto News】The annual 618 mid-year promotion has officially come to an end. Did you manage to buy your desired products? This year’s total transaction value (GMV) during 618 was 798.7 billion yuan (111.2 billion US dollars), a year-on-year increase of about 15%. However, due to factors such as a more saturated online market and consumer fatigue, the growth rate this year has dropped to the lowest point in recent years. On June 27th, data released by research institution TechInsights showed that the estimated sales of smartphones during 618 this year were 13.4 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 7%.
TechInsights pointed out that smartphones are one of the largest sub-markets during the 618 promotion, and 618 is still a key battlefield for smartphone manufacturers. The institution estimates that during this year’s 618, smartphone sales were 13.4 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 7%. Although the average selling price (ASP) has increased, the overall market size has decreased by 1% year-on-year.
- Adjustable front camera aperture! NIO’s latest smartphone patent announced
- Nokia achieves the world’s fastest mmWave 5G download speed of 2Gbps
- iPhone 15 is reported to start production in July! Apple is very optimistic about sales forecast
Looking at specific brands, Apple, Xiaomi, and Honor still ranked in the top three in terms of sales volume during this year’s 618. Apple’s sales volume of smartphones during 618 was 5.628 million units, with a market share of 42%. Following closely behind was Xiaomi, with smartphone sales of 3.752 million units during 618, accounting for 28% of the market share. Honor ranked third with a market share of 9% and smartphone sales of 1.206 million units.
It is worth noting that the leading position of the top three was challenged by vivo (including iQOO), OPPO (including OnePlus), and Huawei. Among them, OPPO’s sub-brand OnePlus has seen steady growth in sales volume. vivo and its sub-brand iQOO have performed extremely well in sub-markets such as foldable phones and young users. In addition, during this year’s 618, the growth rate of foldable phones and gaming phones was higher than the average level.
- Honor to release a heavyweight new machine on June 29th? Official hints suggest that it will be lightweight
- OPPO Reno10 Pro League of Legends gift box edition is now online! The new color scheme is beautiful and stunning
- The Red Magic 8S Pro series is launched with Snapdragon 8 Gen2 leading version It will be released on July 5th
- LG Innotek invests $1 billion to double the production capacity of mobile phone camera modules
- WWDC23 What you don’t know – How does Apple protect privacy?
- Qualcomm launches Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 processor! Redmi Note 12R debuts
- Summer phone upgrade tips! Take a look and see if these models are what you’re looking for A must-read for students