Android Auto will cover over 200 million cars, and the BYD Atto 3 will also support it
Android Auto to cover 200M+ cars, BYD Atto 3 included
【PhoneAuto News】Although General Motors’ decision to abandon Android Auto and Apple CarPlay has caused controversy in the automotive industry, Android Auto is still essential for most car brands. Recently, BYD announced that it will support Android Auto through OTA upgrades in some markets for the Atto 3 model.
BYD Atto 3
BYD announced that the new update of the Atto 3 model being launched in New Zealand and Australia will support Android Auto. In BYD’s own words, the new OTA update version 1.5 includes “installation of Android Auto”. Although this idea was proposed more than a year ago, it has only recently begun to be officially promoted. Of course, for Atto 3 car owners in the New Zealand and Australia markets, late is still better than never.
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix finished, Verstappen wins, Alonso faints and loses good opportunity due to strategic mistakes
- TCL Huaxing has released a 475-inch curved car screen using mini-LED technology
- Young people’s first electric SUV? The first day of delivery of the Baojun Yue also exceeded 500 units
BYD supports Android Auto
At the same time, the scale of Android Auto is also getting larger and larger. Google’s statistics show that this trend will continue for the rest of this year. By the end of 2023, Google expects Android Auto to be used on more than 200 million cars. Android Auto has become an essential function of new cars. Recent studies have shown that 98% of car models can currently use Android Auto. Therefore, BYD’s decision to ultimately enable Android Auto in Atto 3 is very meaningful, especially at the critical moment when General Motors announced that it will disable Android Auto in the future.
BYD Atto 3
However, this does not mean that Android Auto is Google’s only “killer” in the automotive field. The search giant is also trying to conquer the automotive world through Android Automotive. Compared with Android Auto, Android Automotive is a feature-rich system that provides support for vehicle information and entertainment functions. It can run without a mobile device and provides more advanced functions, such as automatically searching for charging stations when the battery life is below a certain level, due to the integration of Google services.
- Ford CEO It is difficult to make a profit from electric cars with long battery life The cost of large batteries is too high
- There is a risk of engine fire, and Hyundai is recalling approximately 55,000 vehicles domestically
- He Xiaopeng Xiaopeng’s first MPV model is named X9 and is aimed at a young audience
- Providing Multiple Power Options Spy Shots of the All-New Toyota C-HR Test Expose, Expected to be Released Before the End of the Year
- There is a safety hazard! Mercedes-Benz recalls 1161 imported S-Class cars
- Beijing household new energy small passenger car quota allocation results announced, more than 50,000 households qualified
- Lexus releases another teaser image of the new generation GX, which will officially debut on June 9th