Terrifying! Android Malware Exposed, 50 Brands and 89 Million Phones Infected
Android malware infects 89 million phones across 50 brands
【PhoneAuto News】On May 22nd, PhoneAuto learned from foreign media that 8.9 million Android phones worldwide were pre-infected by a cybercrime organization called Lemon Group, becoming tools for their malicious activities. These phones are not only used to steal and sell text messages, social media, and online communication accounts, but also to display unnecessary ads and conduct click fraud, causing huge losses and troubles for users.
The report stated that this cybercrime organization has existed for five years, and they have used a malware called Guerrilla to infect Android devices from over 50 brands, especially low-cost phones. These devices are distributed in multiple countries around the world. Among them, the countries with the most severe infections are the United States, Mexico, Indonesia, Thailand, Russia, South Africa, India, Angola, the Philippines, and Argentina.
Guerrilla can control servers through commands and install additional malware. These “modules” can collect user data to sell to advertisers, inject ads to earn revenue, and deplete resources on victims’ phones.
- Can you believe it? Currently, you can buy a foldable screen phone for less than 5000 yuan!
- 16GB+1TB! Xiaomi Redmi K60 new version to be announced tomorrow How much will it be sold for?
- Xiaomi Redmi K60 Ultra exposed in advance, Samsung 2K 120Hz screen confirmed?
This cybercrime organization is not only technically advanced but also connected to another mobile Trojan organization called Triada. They constantly update and improve their malware to adapt to different targets and environments.
How did this malware enter Android phones? According to the report, Guerrilla implanted its malware into firmware components produced by an unnamed third-party supplier that produces firmware components for mobile phones. So when users buy these phones, they are already infected. Moreover, this supplier also produces similar components for Android Auto, which means other Android-based IoT devices may also be affected.
Furthermore, the report also mentions that Guerilla may have brought considerable profits to groups that manufacture malicious software.
- Half a year has passed! Is the Xiaomi 13 Standard Edition finally going to be discounted? Small screen enthusiasts are ecstatic
- Comprehensive upgrade! Honor X50 will be unveiled in June with a built-in 6000mAh battery
- Li Nan predicts Mobile phones will see a revolution in form Netizens have something to say about it
- The 2023 trend is dual-colored, Xiaomi Civi × WGSN jointly released!
- OPPO Reno10 series joins the big family of interconnectivity, bringing a new cross-device experience
- realme goes crazy GT Neo5 offers 1TB version, presale starts on the evening of the 23rd
- The appearance of the Xiaomi Civi 3 has been officially released, featuring a brand new color design that looks stunning Are you still hesitant?