Apple is said to be the largest customer of TSMC’s N3E production process, showing confidence in the latter.
Apple Boosts Confidence in TSMC's N3E Production Process as Largest Customer
[Mobile China News] There were rumors earlier that the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max had overheating issues related to the A17 Pro chip manufactured by TSMC using the 3nm process, and there were also rumors that TSMC and Samsung’s 3nm process technology had low yields. Despite the negative news, there are reports that Apple still has confidence in TSMC and will become the company’s largest customer for the N3E process.
Tech media DigiTimes recently reported that TSMC plans to start mass production of the second-generation 3nm (N3E process) chips in 2024, and the iPhone 16 series, to be released next year, will be the first batch of smartphones to adopt N3E technology. Compared to the N3 process used by the A17 Pro processor, N3E has lower costs and higher production yields, as well as better performance and lower power consumption. TSMC is said to have received N3E orders from various customers, with Apple’s order volume being the largest.
Reports estimate that 4% to 6% of TSMC’s overall revenue in 2023 will come from the 3nm process, mainly from the large number of A17 Pro processors purchased by the iPhone 15 Pro series. Apple’s order alone is expected to bring TSMC sales of up to $3.4 billion.
- Xiaomi’s global sales hit a new high since Q3 2021! Today, the stock price rose nearly 4%.
- Xiaomi’s booming OS is connecting Android+Vela’s unified ecosystem for people, cars, and homes.
- Apple announces additional 25 million yuan donation to support the development of Chinese rural communities
The latest report indicates that all models in the iPhone 16 series next year will be equipped with the latest A18 chip. Apple supply chain analyst Jeff Pu claimed in a research report by Haitong International Securities this week that the iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus will be equipped with the new A18 Bionic processor, while the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max will have the A18 Pro chip. This means that Apple will no longer use old chips in standard models.
However, there is still a year before the release of the iPhone 16 series, and the situation could change at any time.
- The global mobile phone market remains sluggish in the third quarter, but Huawei and Honor buck the trend with growth.
- iPhone 15 Pro Max Chinese mainland components only 2%, US components account for 33%
- Foreign media amazed Huawei Mate 60 Pro+ has the best macro camera on a mobile phone
- No more MIUI 15 as promised? Netizens claim that the Redmi K60 Supreme Edition is ‘false advertising
- vivo Y200 official announcement will be released on October 23rd, may be equipped with Snapdragon 4 Gen1, looks stable.
- Honor Magic Vs2 goes on sale, promoting the popularization of foldable screens from the forefront to the mainstream.
- Blogger It is impossible for Xiaomi’s Pengpai OS to separate from Android, and self-developed chips have not been interrupted.