Apple plans to move its supply chain out of China? Foxconn Chairman No!
Apple has no plans to move its supply chain out of China, according to Foxconn Chairman
【PhoneAuto News】On June 28th, PhoneAuto noticed that at the 14th Summer Davos Forum held in Tianjin, Liu Yangwei, Chairman and CEO of Foxconn Technology Group (Hon Hai Precision), attended the sub-forum “Asia’s Manufacturing Recovery” and delivered a speech. When asked whether Apple plans to relocate its supply chain from mainland China, Liu Yangwei stated, “No!”
As Apple’s largest contract manufacturer, Foxconn’s every move attracts attention. According to sources, the iPhone 15 series, which Apple is set to release in September this year, will enter the mass production stage at the end of this month. Foxconn will become Apple’s largest assembly partner for the iPhone 15 series, accounting for up to 60% of the order share.
However, PhoneAuto noted that Bloomberg previously reported that Apple CEO Tim Cook admitted in an interview that Apple is accelerating the relocation of its supply chain out of China, with India being a key location. Cook emphasized that India is about to become a major market and production base. He said, “There are many people entering the middle class, and I think India is at a turning point. The market’s vitality is incredible.” Reuters pointed out that Apple’s move is mainly aimed at reducing its dependence on the Chinese supply chain.
- Huawei’s Meng Wanzhou 5G is at a turning point of qualitative change, aiming to achieve 5 billion connections by 2030
- 0/1 Phone concept folding screen phone debuts! Comes with an e-ink screen What score would you give it?
- Samsung’s new devices, including the Z Flip 5 and Z Fold 5, have passed certification and may be launched in July
It is reported that Apple has successfully obtained incentives in India and has been pushing suppliers Foxconn, Wistron, and Pegatron to expand production scale in the country. Currently, Foxconn, Wistron, and Pegatron employ approximately 60,000 workers in India and can produce various models, including the iPhone 11 series to the iPhone 14 series. Cook also revealed that Apple’s production volume in India will increase year by year, gradually replacing production in China.
As for whether it will be as Foxconn Chairman Liu Yangwei said, not moving the supply chain from mainland China, remains to be seen.
- Alert! Using your phone while lying on your side may affect your appearance and pose a threat to your health
- Chairman of China Mobile Breakthrough in key technologies of 6G, forming global unified standards
- Red Magic 8S Pro series appearance announced! Top beauty in the mobile phone circle will be seen on July 5th
- Samsung M34 5G new phone officially announced! To be released on July 7th with a huge 6000mAh battery
- The Honor X50 is equipped with a 5800mAh ultra-durable battery Netizens commented Unbeatable battery life
- Honor Magic welcomes system update with added Control Center and camera watermark
- Expose Xiaomi Customizes New Substrate for BOE’s 2K Flexible Screen, Will Xiaomi 14 Ultra be the First to Launch?