Is iPhone not selling well anymore? Apple hardware revenue is declining, earning several billions of dollars less
Apple's hardware revenue is declining, leading to a decrease in iPhone sales and billions of dollars in losses
【Phoneauto News】In recent years, the smartphone market has been relatively sluggish, with global smartphone shipments declining and no signs of recovery. In this situation, the revenue of many smartphone manufacturers has been greatly affected. On August 4th, Phoneauto noticed that Apple released its latest financial data for the third quarter of the 2023 fiscal year. The data shows that Apple’s iPhone sales revenue has declined compared to the same period in the 2022 fiscal year.
Overall, in the third quarter of Apple’s 2023 fiscal year, the company’s quarterly revenue was $81.8 billion (approximately RMB 586.2 billion yuan), market expectations were $81.55 billion, and operating cash flow was $26 billion (approximately RMB 186.3 billion yuan), market expectations were $22.94 billion.
Although Apple’s overall revenue exceeded market expectations, the company’s major hardware revenues are declining. Among them, iPhone sales revenue was $39.67 billion (approximately RMB 280 billion yuan), lower than the same period last year of $40.67 billion; Mac sales revenue was $6.84 billion (approximately RMB 49 billion yuan), lower than the same period last year of $7.38 billion; iPad sales revenue was $5.79 billion (approximately RMB 41.49 billion yuan), lower than the same period last year of $7.22 billion; and other wearable devices and hardware sales revenue was $8.28 billion (approximately RMB 59.3 billion yuan), compared to $8.08 billion in the same period last year.
- Morning News Samsung’s foldable screen smartphone domestic price announced, OnePlus’ new flagship exposed
- Huawei HarmonyOS 40 will be released this afternoon, with updates available for Kirin 990 devices!
- Apple’s third quarter financial report Revenue of 5862 billion iPhone sales reached 280 billion
It is worth mentioning that according to the predictions of many research institutions and industry insiders, the smartphone market will begin to recover in the second half of 2023. At the same time, Apple will also release the iPhone 15 series in the second half of the year, so their next quarterly report is worth paying attention to.
- Samsung domestic conference price summary, starting at 1799 yuan Z Flip5 can still be upgraded for free
- Samsung S23 FE Main Specifications Fully Exposed, May Offer Snapdragon/Exynos Dual Versions
- Xiaomi 13T Pro is expected to be released in Europe on September 1st, with a starting price of over 7000 yuan
- Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 external packaging and front photo exposed, with little change compared to the previous generation
- The first exposure of the real OnePlus Ace 2 Pro! The titanium gray color scheme has a taste of sports cars
- Huawei’s push for system cloud innovation maintaining smooth new gameplay for old models
- Redmi K60 Supreme Edition revealed, equipped with Dimensity 9200 chip and independent X7 graphics card, to be available this month