Great relief! Starting next year, Beijing and other cities will fully ban the use of LaoTouLe electric scooters
Beijing and other cities will fully ban LaoTouLe electric scooters starting next year
【PhoneAuto News】”Lao Tou Le” has become extremely popular in China in recent years due to its ultra-low cost and advantages such as not requiring a license plate or driver’s license. However, the high sales of “Lao Tou Le” have also led to various safety issues. Without a license plate, drivers do not have to abide by traffic rules, and without a driver’s license, anyone can drive it. Imagine a person who has not learned traffic rules or how to drive a car driving on the road, what kind of safety hazards could occur. In addition, due to the ultra-low cost of “Lao Tou Le”, there are great safety hazards in the materials used for the vehicles, and there are almost no active or passive safety features.
According to relevant media reports, “Lao Tou Le” can still be seen in Beijing’s community alleys, alleys, and some urban main roads. The location of some “Lao Tou Le” license plates has changed from manufacturer advertisements or auspicious numbers to “Beijing B” license plates. Some “Lao Tou Le” vehicle owners said that their main purpose is to pick up and drop off children and go to the market to buy groceries. Recently, according to PhoneAuto, many places have cracked down on the illegal behavior of low-speed electric vehicles, and electric three- and four-wheeled vehicles known as “Lao Tou Le” have become the focus of rectification.
Beijing’s illegal electric three- and four-wheeled vehicles (commonly known as “Lao Tou Le”) are not allowed to drive on the road. They are not allowed to park in public places such as roads, squares, or parking lots. Violators will be punished by the police according to law. Relevant departments stated that the so-called “old-age mobility scooter” (“Lao Tou Le”) is a term fabricated by manufacturers out of thin air, and the official name of this product is electric three- and four-wheeled vehicles, which belong to the category of motor vehicles. The vast majority of them are produced without the permission of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and are not included in the “List of Road Motor Vehicle Manufacturers and Products Announcement”.
- NIO has built over 1,400 battery swap stations, with a total of over 22 million swaps by users
- Do you have a share in this? The first quarter exemption of new energy vehicle purchase tax exceeded 212 billion yuan
- Tesla launches Model 3 RWD Long Range version in Europe, priced at 47,000 euros
According to the traffic management department, there were 131 cases of traffic accidents involving illegal electric three- and four-wheelers in Beijing in 2022, resulting in over 100 deaths.
- Officially, wool can be pulled randomly? The exemption of new energy vehicle purchase tax in the first quarter exceeded 212 billion
- Baojun Yueye Interior Official Image Released Extra Large Narrow-Edge 1025-Inch Dual Screen
- Beauty online! The all-new Buick Regal was launched today, equipped with a 30-inch curved 6K screen
- Not giving face to the president? Multiple car companies including General Motors and Volkswagen oppose the new US electric vehicle bill
- FF 40 FF 91 vehicles have already been produced and the first phase of delivery will start at the end of May
- Lamborghini Huracan is sold out, and a new hybrid replacement model will be unveiled next year
- Chery Automobile is recalling a total of 16,640 Chery Tiggo 8 PRO cars