BMW Group Accelerate investment expansion in Shenyang, China and focus on electrification
BMW expands investment in Shenyang, China and prioritizes electrification
【PhoneAuto News】Huachen BMW was born on May 18, 2003. Therefore, May 18th of this year marks the 20th anniversary of Huachen BMW’s birth. Earlier this year, in February, Huachen BMW’s 5 millionth BMW had already been successfully produced. Today, PhoneAuto noticed that Huachen BMW celebrated its 20th anniversary and held a large celebration and press conference in Shenyang.
It is worth noting that on that day, the BMW Group reaffirmed its confidence and commitment to the Chinese market. The BMW Group stated that they will work together with their Chinese partners to create a new future of co-creation and mutual benefit. The BMW Group also announced that they will accelerate investment and expand production in Shenyang, China, and focus on local research and development, production, and power battery iteration of electric vehicle models, further implementing the group’s strategy of “electrification, digitization, and circular sustainability.”
It is reported that in 2026, the BMW Group will produce a revolutionary new generation of BMW models at its factory in Shenyang, China. At the same time, BMW’s sixth-generation power battery project has also begun full-scale construction. The total investment of the project is 10 billion yuan, and the planned land use is about 240,000 square meters, which is about five times the current production area of power batteries. In addition, the project is expected to provide about 2,000 jobs for the local area.
- Beijing’s Changping District issues 10 million yuan worth of automobile consumption vouchers, with a maximum savings of 8,500 yuan when purchasing a car
- The Wuling Star Cloud is expected to be officially launched in the second half of the year! The expected selling price is around 100,000 yuan
- Million-dollar luxury car terrifying experience on the highway! Owner complains that the steering wheel of the Aston Martin DBX is locked
According to official data, in the first quarter of 2023, the BMW Group delivered more than 588,000 vehicles to global consumers, including the MINI brand and the Rolls-Royce brand. At the same time, sales of BMW and MINI brand pure electric vehicles reached 64,000 vehicles, an increase of 83.2% compared to the same period in 2022. In addition, China is still one of BMW’s most important markets, with over 190,000 BMW cars sold in China in the first quarter.
- There are new cars! The BYD Han DM-i Champion Edition/DM-p War God Edition were launched today
- China Passenger Car Association Passenger car retail sales exceeded 700,000 in the first two weeks of May, up 55% year-on-year
- Second Option! The Deep Blue S7 will open for pre-order on May 20th The price will be below 200,000 yuan?
- The race is over! F1 officials announced the cancellation of this weekend’s F1 Imola Station due to heavy rain
- Let’s start with the Hongmeng intelligent cockpit? News reports say that Volkswagen plans to use Huawei software
- Summary of the Highlights of the 2023 Tesla Shareholders Meeting New Cars, Personnel, Robots
- I’m not pretending anymore, I’m revealing the truth! Musk claims that Tesla is the car company with the highest profit margin worldwide