Bosch CEO Mobile phone manufacturers can make cars, but car companies making phones are just trying to find something to do when they are bored
Bosch CEO Phone manufacturers can make cars, but car companies making phones are just bored
【PhoneAuto News】From June 15th to 17th, the 15th China Automotive Blue Book Forum was held in Wuhan, where many industry executives discussed the issue of car companies making phones and phone manufacturers making cars.
In this regard, Chen Yudong, President of Bosch China, believes that “car companies making phones are jobless and should not do it. It is better for car companies to focus on the automotive industry and not try to make phones. If a phone manufacturer fails, it doesn’t matter, but if a car company fails, it’s a different story. The idea of phone manufacturers making cars is still possible! And any business model that does not ultimately make a profit is a rogue, even if it is only 1%.”
In his opinion, there is no way for car companies to make phones, while there is great potential for phone manufacturers to make cars.
- Mai Mang A20 5G officially released, built-in 5000mAh battery, starting at 1299 yuan
- Xiaomi Xiaoai Suggestions now supports MIUI 14 Let’s see which models are compatible
- Realme Narzo 60 5G phone appears on Geekbench Dimensity 820+8GB
From the current performance of the smartphone market, Chen Yudong’s statement has some truth. According to the latest forecast report released by TechInsights’ Wireless Smartphone Strategy (WSS) service, global smartphone shipments will continue to contract in 2023, with an expected decrease to 1.16 billion units (a decrease of 23.3 million units) compared to 1.2 billion units in 2022, a year-on-year decline of 2.8%. Only a few strong players such as Huawei dare to increase their smartphone shipment targets.
What about the automotive industry? It is currently in a stage of new technological breakthroughs, and the market share of new energy vehicles is still difficult to surpass that of traditional fuel vehicles, which provides many opportunities for new forces and phone manufacturers.
It is worth mentioning that at the China Automotive Blue Book Forum, Jia Yueting also participated in the form of a video conference. He stated that Faraday Future has the ultimate product positioning, technology positioning, and brand positioning, as well as a top user positioning and a lightweight asset management model for co-creation and sharing. It can quickly achieve success without burning too much money. However, if I am not mistaken, Jia Yueting has been pursuing his dream of making cars for a long time, and now he has finally succeeded in making a car.
- Nubia mobile phone has added an executed information, with the target of execution being over 677 million yuan
- What is the most important thing when buying a mobile phone for father? Honor Magic5 series is just right
- Thinking of getting a folding phone during the 618 Shopping Festival? You can’t go wrong with the Moto Razr 40 series, starting at only ¥3,999
- If you don’t buy a television this year’s 618, you’ll be at a loss Trust me, these three models are pretty good
- The new flagship of Meizu still features an ultra-narrow straight screen, with something special about the Pro model’s 2K screen
- vivo officially announced becoming the official mobile phone of the Hangzhou Asian Games Bringing technology to a better future
- 618 is coming in hot, Huawei Mate X3 leads the industry with ten features