CATL will launch automotive-grade solid-state batteries previously used in the aviation field.
CATL to Introduce Aviation-Tested Automotive-Grade Solid-State Batteries
【PhoneAuto News】Recently, PhoneAuto has learned that during the interview session after the 2023 Chery Technology Day conference, Gao Huantou, CTO of NIO’s domestic passenger car division, revealed that NIO’s solid-state batteries have achieved 500kW/kg and made some developments in the aviation field. Next, we will further optimize the cost of solid-state batteries and consider launching a vehicle-grade version.
In June last year, NIO Chairman Li Bin first revealed to the public that NIO is developing solid-state batteries. Two months later, Wu Kai mentioned again at the World New Energy Vehicle Congress that NIO plans to launch the new generation battery cell “solid-state battery” in 2023.
Earlier this year, NIO officially released the solid-state battery, with a single-cell energy density of up to 500Wh/kg, able to balance high specific energy and high safety. As a comparison, the current mainstream ternary lithium battery has an energy density of about 250Wh/kg, and the lithium iron phosphate battery has an energy density of around 180Wh/kg. According to the official statement, the solid-state battery adopts a high-power biomimetic solid-state electrolyte, which can build a micro-level adaptive mesh structure, adjust the interchain interaction forces, enhance the stability of the microstructure, improve the battery’s kinetic performance, and enhance the efficiency of lithium ion transport. The solid-state battery also integrates high specific energy positive electrode, new negative electrode, and isolation film materials.
- Announcement of the Wanjie Xin M7 Delivery and Care Plan Delivery delayed, with a subsidy of up to 10,000 yuan.
- US Auto Workers’ Massive Strike has caused nearly $8 billion in losses; the economy has suffered a heavy blow.
- Tesla owner is dumbfounded by the bill $21,000 to repair the car that broke down during a rainy day.
Therefore, compared with traditional lithium batteries, solid-state batteries have long cycle life, excellent charge-discharge performance, and high safety. It is widely believed in the industry that solid-state batteries are actually a type of semi-solid-state batteries. Unlike traditional liquid lithium batteries such as ternary lithium batteries and lithium iron phosphate batteries, the main difference of solid-state batteries lies in the electrolyte.
- Tao Lin Many car owners still choose Tesla after accidents! Are they talking about Lin Zhiling?
- Five Ling Ling Lingxi Hybrid System Officially Released, Ling Ling Lingguang Debuts without Exceeding Four Oils.
- Lynk & Co 03++ TCR Edition Exposed in Real Car, Striking Exterior, Will Be Launched on October 19th.
- Lithium battery innovative material compound collection fluid or on board questions boundaries M9 multiple companies expand production.
- New Hongqi L5 sedan exposed! Vintage car design equipped with a 4.0T V8 engine.
- NIO Car applies for self-developed chip trademark ‘Yang Jian’, first chip to be mass-produced in October!
- Chery Xingtu Xingjizhi Era ES opens blind orders, to be launched in the fourth quarter with blind order prices ranging from 260,000 to 360,000 yuan.