Chery and JMC Naqi Ion Battery Electric Vehicle Exposed, Expected to be Launched in the Second Half of the Year
Chery and JMC will launch an Ion Battery Electric Vehicle in the second half of the year
【PhoneAuto News】Recently, PhoneAuto observed that two new energy vehicles with sodium-ion batteries appeared in the latest “Announcement on Road Motor Vehicle Production Enterprises and Products” (Batch 372) released by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. The two models are the Chery QQ Ice Cream, a vehicle produced by Chery New Energy Automobile Co., Ltd. in cooperation with CATL, and the Yi Chi Jade Rabbit, a vehicle produced by Jiangling Motors in cooperation with Funeng Technology. This also means that these two products have been approved for production. According to reports, these two models are expected to be officially launched in the second half of this year.
Compared with lithium iron phosphate batteries, the material cost of sodium-ion batteries is lower. For example, the recently launched BYD Han EV has a range of 300 kilometers and an official guide price of 73,800 to 89,800 yuan. The SAIC Volkswagen joint venture’s Sihao EV is also equipped with sodium-ion batteries, with a range of 252 kilometers and a price of just over 60,000 yuan.
- Cui Dongshu New energy vehicle purchase tax exemption new policy long-term benefits new energy market
- The competition within the new energy vehicle industry is intense The Wanjie M5 electric version has successfully won over consumers with its quality
- The 1000th Microlino retro-style urban car with two seats has been produced! The price is shocking
Therefore, it is estimated that the new Chery and Jiangling vehicles equipped with sodium-ion batteries will also be priced between 60,000 and 80,000 yuan. For office workers, buying an economical and environmentally friendly means of transportation for less than 100,000 yuan is still quite tempting.
Since the beginning of this year, sodium-ion battery technology has continued to evolve, and battery manufacturers’ production capacities for sodium-ion batteries have gradually formed. Battery manufacturers such as CATL, BYD, Zhongke Hai’na, Huayang Shares, Penghui Energy, Duofuduo, and Funeng Technology have successively announced that they will achieve mass production of sodium-ion batteries as early as after 2023.
Against this backdrop, more entry-level new energy vehicle models may be equipped with sodium-ion batteries in the future, given that they have a significant price advantage over lithium-ion batteries. What do you think of new energy vehicles that use sodium-ion batteries? We can discuss it together in the comments section.
- Smart Elf # 3 officially opens first batch delivery with a maximum range of 580km
- Tesla Model Y wins another award, this time for its practicality for families
- The official preview image of the new generation Volkswagen Touareg has been released, and it is expected to make its global debut this fall
- Toyota Implements Comprehensive Strategy for EV Batteries Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery is the Key to Electrification
- Musk wants to go to India to build a factory? He has been promoting Tesla’s factory construction plan locally
- Musk has met with Modi and will visit India next week Tesla may establish a local factory there
- Starting at 159,900 yuan! The 2024 Aion V Plus is launched, targeting the new Song PLUS