Japanese media China will surpass Japan this year to become the world’s largest automobile exporting country
China to surpass Japan this year as world's largest automobile exporter, says Japanese media
【Phoneauto News】Recently, Phoneauto noticed that the local Japanese media, “Toyo Keizai Online,” quoted a report from Caixin stating that it is predicted that China will surpass Japan as the world’s largest automobile exporter this year. This historic change has attracted a lot of attention in Japan.
It is worth noting that in the first quarter of 2023, China has already successfully surpassed Japan in terms of automobile exports. However, the data for the entire year has not yet been released, so the position of the largest automobile exporter in 2023 is still uncertain. However, China’s automobile export volume is steadily increasing, and it seems not difficult to lock in the position of the largest automobile exporter in 2023. According to the General Administration of Customs, in the first quarter of 2023, China’s exports of complete vehicles to overseas markets reached 1.069 million units, with a year-on-year growth rate of 58.1%. According to data from the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, among China’s main exported vehicle models, the export volumes of pure electric vehicles (excluding 10-seat and above passenger cars), sedans, buses, and trucks ranked in the top four. Compared with before, the export volumes of these four categories have all shown varying degrees of growth. Compared with the same period in 2022, the export volumes of these four categories have shown rapid growth. According to local Japanese data, the export volume of Japanese automobiles in the first quarter of 2023 was around 1.047 million units, slightly lower than China’s automobile export volume, resulting in a change in the position of the world’s largest automobile exporter.
Currently, SAIC Group, Chery Automobile, Changan Automobile, Great Wall Motor, Geely Automobile, Dongfeng Motor, BYD Auto, Beijing Automotive, and other manufacturers have shown excellent performance in automobile exports. At the same time, Tesla, which has built a supercar factory in Shanghai, is also one of the important participants in China’s automobile exports.
- AITO releases M9 configuration exposure, benchmarking against Mercedes-Benz GLS, Land Rover Range Rover and other models
- Zero Run’s central integrated electronic electrical architecture will be released with participation from Qualcomm and NVIDIA
- Starting from 102,900 yuan! The popular seven-seater SUV, Chery Jetour X70 PRO, is officially launched
- Mazda claims it will not increase the power of the MX-5 Miata and will not compete with the Toyota GR 86
- Three major reasons why car owners no longer buy Tesla before conducting an institutional investigation Elon Musk surprisingly ranks first
- Ford Mustang Dark Horse R released, with over 500 horsepower and priced at approximately 104 million yuan
- Elon Musk referred to Tesla’s FSD 12 Alpha as exciting and will be released soon
- Baoshun Yun Duo will officially launch on August 10th! Pre-orders are now open for a total of 4 configurations
- BYD Song L mass production car spy photos exposed, side profile looks stunning, expected to be launched in the fourth quarter
- Wall Street veteran Tesla Cybertruck will be popular among young buyers