Costs increase due to UAW strike, Stellantis cancels participation in CES 2024
UAW Strike Results in Cost Increase, Stellantis Withdraws from CES 2024
【PhoneAuto News】As the strike by the United Auto Workers (UAW) against Detroit automakers enters its second month, it not only brings serious impact to the car companies but also indirectly affects some major exhibitions. Stellantis, which has been affected by the strike, announced that it will not participate in the 2024 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2024) in Las Vegas, emphasizing the main reason for canceling its participation in the event.
In a press release issued today, Stellantis issued the following statement: “Due to the ongoing strike by the United Auto Workers (UAW) against Stellantis, which has caused the company’s costs to soar, the company has decided to cancel its plans to exhibit and demonstrate at CES 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada, scheduled for January 2024.”
- BMW has also joined in! Starting from 2025, it will adopt the NACS standard charging interface in the United States.
- Wuling Zhouxi Baoshun Yun Duo sales did not exceed expectations, but it is indeed a good car.
- How much is the appropriate price for the MG Cyberster, which will officially launch at the Guangzhou Auto Show?
Stellantis also stated that it is implementing comprehensive measures to mitigate the financial impact of the strike and protect its capital, but it did not further explain the specific content of these measures. Therefore, it is still unclear whether other car events, such as the SEMA Show (Specialty Equipment Market Association Show) and the Los Angeles Auto Show, will also be affected by the strike. The media have consulted officials from Stellantis, but they have not yet responded.
However, based on Stellantis’ previous actions, it should still participate in SEMA Show, which will open on October 31. Not long ago, the Dodge and RAM brands under the Stellantis Group released teaser images of modified cars, seemingly warming up for new products. As for the Los Angeles Auto Show, which will be held on November 17, Ram, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, and Chrysler, all under the Stellantis umbrella, have been exhibitors in previous years.
- Employees suffered after the Founder of Weimar fled Ignoring Shen Hui and only seeking salary.
- New Mercedes C-Class officially on sale, upgraded configuration priced at 333,200-406,500 yuan.
- US regulatory agency launches investigation into Cruise autonomous cars
- Two years and 39 new energy vehicles, is Chery taking too big of a step in the field of new energy?
- Three times in two months, six local Toyota factories suspended production due to an explosion at a supply chain company.
- 42.79 million yuan or more! The 2024 Audi A6L is on the market with unchanged power and minor changes in appearance and configuration.
- GAC Galaxie E8 exterior and interior official images released, featuring a 45-inch 8K display and a half-size steering wheel.