Folding machine demand is rapidly increasing, with many products out of stock Premiums may reach up to 40%
Demand for folding machines is rapidly increasing, causing many products to be out of stock Premium prices may rise by up to 40%
【Phoneauto News】Against the backdrop of weak demand in the global smartphone market, foldable screen phones have become the “dark horse”. Market research firm Jibang Consulting estimates that the shipment of foldable screen phones is expected to reach 19.8 million units in 2023, a year-on-year increase of 55%. On July 28th, Phoneauto noticed that some media outlets found through on-site visits that due to rapidly increasing demand, foldable screen phones have been in short supply for some time. Some brand stores only have prototypes on display, and if you want to purchase one, you need to pre-order. Salespeople even told the media, “If you want to order popular models, the premium may be as high as 40%.”
Honor Magic V2 Ultimate Edition
During the on-site visit to the Honor store, the media noticed that the foldable flagship model, Honor Magic V2, was placed in a central position, and many consumers were choosing to buy it. Mr. Mou, a salesperson, said, “All models of this model are temporarily out of stock in the store and need to be restocked. The Ultimate Edition is the most sought-after, and it will not be available in the short term.”
Why are foldable screen phones popular? Industry insiders believe that, on the one hand, the technology of foldable screen phones has become mature, and mainstream models on the market can withstand 400,000 folds, which can be used for several years. On the other hand, the electronic consumer market expects innovative technologies and products. Foldable screen phones take a high-end route and have novel and fashionable features, which meet market demand.
- vivo Y77t has appeared, equipped with MediaTek Dimensity 7020 chipset and a 5000mAh battery Can you guess the price?
- Don’t be an alien and buy an Apple! This year, the smartphones priced around 2000 yuan are getting more and more powerful
- Morning News Latest data on the Chinese smartphone market revealed Renault’s record-breaking profits
In addition, data shows that although global smartphone sales have declined, foldable screen phones have performed well with significant sales growth. According to the latest report released by market research firm Counterpoint Research, the shipment of foldable screen phones worldwide in the first quarter of 2023 reached 2.5 million units, a year-on-year increase of 64%; in comparison, global smartphone shipments during the same period decreased by 14.2% year-on-year. The report also mentioned that the shipment of foldable screen phones in China reached 1.08 million units, a soaring increase of 117% year-on-year.
- Thousand-dollar mid-range phone rolled up like this? OPPO K11 four major upgrades are really enough to top
- Qualcomm holds Snapdragon Gaming Technology Appreciation event to showcase hardcore technology and powerful ecosystem
- Five major trends in smartphones in the second half of the year folding phones slim down and make a comeback, hard-hitting straight screen phones
- Five major trends in smartphones in the second half of the year Flagship features crazily delegated, mid-range phones become popular
- Honor CEO Zhao Ming Honor Magic V2 has no challengers within six months
- iPhone 14 satellite emergency rescue function succeeds! Two lost tourists rescued
- Redmi 12 5G benchmark score released, equipped with Snapdragon 4 Gen2, starting at approximately 1250 yuan