Huawei charges patent fees from 30 Japanese companies Ren Zhengfei once said that he would collect patent fees when he has free time
Huawei charges patent fees from 30 Japanese companies
【PhoneAuto News】According to a report from Nikkei News, Huawei is charging approximately 30 small and medium-sized Japanese companies for the use of patented technology, at a fee level equivalent to international standards. At the same time, Huawei is also stepping up the collection of such patent fees in Southeast Asia.
Huawei charges patent fees to 30 Japanese companies
It is rare for large companies to directly negotiate with small and medium-sized communication equipment companies. Some analysts believe that this is due to the impact of limitations on economic security, which has made it difficult for Huawei to sell its products. It is said that in other countries in Southeast Asia, it seems that the collection of patent use fees is also being strengthened. It is reported that the target of Huawei’s patent use fee collection is communication equipment manufacturers and system companies that use “wireless communication modules”.
Some analysts believe that Huawei’s requested level of patent use fees is a fixed cost of less than 50 yen per communication device and a fee rate of less than 0.1% of the system sales price. Junfumi Futamata, a guest researcher at the University of Tokyo who is familiar with intellectual property licensing negotiations, said, “This is a reasonable level internationally.”
- Sales of foldable screen smartphones during the 618 shopping festival have increased more than three times, and prices have been refreshed to a new low!
- Red Magic phone releases the ultimate report for 618 Brand sales increased by 230% year-on-year
- A powerful device with excellent appearance! The Moto Razr 40 Ultra, the top choice for foldable phones, starts at 5699 yuan
Nikkei Chinese Network reported that the number of Japanese companies required to pay patent use fees to Huawei in the future may increase. According to statistics from the research company Seed Planning, wireless communication modules that use Huawei’s patented technology are indispensable for the Internet of Things (IoT), and their uses are expanding to include automatic driving, factories, medical care, and electricity. Akio Sugimoto, chief researcher at Seed Planning, said, “There are more than 1,000 manufacturers and system companies related to the Internet of Things.”
In October 2022, Huawei sued Amazon for patent disputes. Previously, Ren Zhengfei had said that Huawei had been too busy in recent years to collect patent fees, but would do so when there was time. The fees may not necessarily be as high as those of Qualcomm.
- ：iPhone in English means JDcom’s mobile phone speed ranking list is out iPhone dominates the list and Apple is the biggest winner
- The 618 shopping festival is coming to an end! These four phones will be too late if you don’t hurry up and buy them Starting at 1999 yuan
- During the 618 shopping festival, the sales of the Redmi K60 series exceeded 1 million units across all channels! It has become a hot-selling item
- OnePlus 618 final battle report! OnePlus Ace 2 won the JDcom sales championship with over 2500 Android devices sold
- Turning off the lights to play with your phone can seriously cause blindness The earlier the onset of the disease, the higher the likelihood
- 618 Ultimate Sales Report Full Summary! Who Sold Better Xiaomi, Honor, or OPPO?
- Official information from vivo X90s Jia Jingdong reveals the origin of the new phone and sample photos