Foreign media reports that Huawei plans to return to the 5G mobile phone market this year What do you think?
Huawei plans to re-enter the 5G mobile phone market this year What are your thoughts?
【Phoneauto News】On July 12th, according to foreign media reports, the situation where Huawei phones only support 4G connections will change this year, as the company is preparing to regain 5G connectivity through the upcoming smartphones.
It is reported that Huawei will launch 5G smartphones later this year, using domestically produced chip solutions. Several third-party technology research companies covering the Chinese smartphone industry have stated that Huawei should be able to leverage its advanced technology in semiconductor design tools and the chip manufacturing technology of SMIC (Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation) to procure 5G chips domestically.
- Is 24GB+1TB storage becoming popular for smartphones? The highly anticipated new device from OnePlus will be released in August!
- Blogger claims that the initial stock of the Huawei Mate60 series has reached 5 million units, implying the existence of a 5G version
- King of African Machinery mimics Nothing Phone (2) Want to get into a legal dispute?
One of the research companies stated that it is expected that Huawei will use SMIC’s N+1 manufacturing process, but due to the predicted yield of available chips being below 50%, the shipment volume of 5G phones will be limited to around 2 to 4 million units. Another company estimates that the shipment volume could reach 10 million units, but no further details were provided.
Earlier this year, Huawei announced a significant breakthrough in Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools for chips manufactured at 14nm and above. SMIC will use EDA software to create chip blueprints for mass production. Another research company stated that Huawei has requested SMIC to produce chip components for 5G products at 14nm and below this year.
According to Canalys data, Huawei’s global smartphone shipments reached 240.6 million units in 2019, which was its peak shipment period. It is worth mentioning that Huawei is gearing up for 2023 and has raised its shipment target for this year. China Securities Journal previously revealed that Huawei has increased its 2023 smartphone shipment target to 40 million units, while at the beginning of the year, the target was set at 30 million units.
- Honor Play 40C officially released, equipped with Snapdragon 480 Plus, priced at only 899 yuan
- The Honor X50 officially goes on sale today, equipped with a 5800mAh battery, starting at a price of 1399 yuan
- The second model of Baidu Qinghe Learning smartphone appearance has been announced The design has changed significantly!
- Expose OnePlus 12 to be released ahead of schedule by the end of the year, Snapdragon 8Gen 3+ with periscope telephoto lens support
- Good news for Honor users! Honor has collaborated with JDcom The new device will continue to use high-frequency dimming technology
- Expose Huawei Mate60 has an early version and a later version The early version uses Kirin chips and is difficult to buy
- Latest App user quantity breaking 100 million time-consuming rankings WeChat didn’t even make it to the top three