Report iPhone 16/16 Plus to be equipped with A18 chip, no longer using old chips
iPhone 16/16 Plus to Reportedly Feature A18 Chip, Dropping Old Chips
【Mobile China News】Apple has just released the iPhone 15 series, which includes four models. The base iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus are equipped with last year’s A16 Bionic chip, while the Pro version comes with the A17 Pro chip. Now, we are starting to hear rumors about the iPhone 16 series. According to popular Apple supply chain analyst Jeff Pu, Apple will no longer use old chipsets in their standard models.
The latest report shows that all models in the iPhone 16 series will be equipped with the latest A18 chip. This means that Apple will no longer use the previous year’s chipsets in their base models.
Jeff Pu claimed in a research report by Haitong International Securities this week that the iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus will feature the new A18 Bionic processor. The iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max, on the other hand, will be equipped with the A18 Pro chip.
- Meizu 21 series may have an upgraded body material. Those who like flat screens can wait and see.
- Lei Jun announced Self-developed operating system Surging OS to be released with the launch of Xiaomi 14, replacing MIUI.
- Lei Jun promotes the Xiaomi 14 series on Toutiao, some netizens have raised questions.
However, it’s still a year away from the release of the iPhone 16 series, so the situation could change at any time.
In addition to the naming structure, Pu also predicts significant upgrades with next year’s processor. The A18 chip will be manufactured using TSMC’s second-generation 3nm chip fabrication process called N3E. Compared to the first-generation N3B 3nm process, the new processor is not only more affordable, but also more efficient. The A17 Pro chip, which powers the iPhone 15 Pro model, uses the N3B process.
Based on previous leaks, Jeff Pu has proven to be highly accurate when it comes to Apple leaks. He was the first to suggest that the iPhone 15 Pro Max would be more expensive than its predecessor and that the Pro version would come with 8GB of RAM. Therefore, it is highly likely that the standard version of the iPhone 16 series will adopt the A18 chip.
- iPhone 15’s initial sales in China decreased by 4.5% compared with last year. Is it all Huawei’s fault?
- Cook visited Chengdu! Took a photo with the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- OnePlus Ace 2 Pro may be the best option in the three thousand yuan price range, with both performance and screen quality.
- Newsflash iPhone 15 Sales Decline, Tesla Speeding Lunatics Follow-up
- Various types available. Best smartphone product recommendations for October this year. A must-read before buying a phone.
- New option for a thousand yuan smartphones! OPPO A2x launched with a 5000mAh big battery
- Honor Magic Vs2 goes on sale today, taking the slim and lightweight experience to the next level. Starting from 6999 yuan.