Great achievement! iPhone’s satellite feature prevented a major forest fire from happening
iPhone's satellite feature prevented a major forest fire
【phoneauto News】When Apple introduced the emergency SOS feature, many people doubted whether such a niche feature would have practical use. On August 2nd, phoneauto learned from foreign media that a group of Canadian residents recently used the satellite SOS feature of the iPhone 14 to make emergency calls and prevented a major forest fire on an island.
iPhone 14 satellite SOS feature
Eric Belanger, who captured and shared this event, said: When we approached the burning island, the emergency SOS feature of the iPhone 14 made it convenient for us to communicate with the MNRF (Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry). The department immediately arrived after contacting through the satellite feature and prevented the incident from happening.
It is reported that the satellite SOS feature of the iPhone 14 was officially launched in September last year. This feature allows the phone to communicate in emergencies even without signal, and only needs to find an open area to connect with the satellite. After selecting to send, similar to Huawei’s Beidou satellite messaging, there is a process of handheld satellite search, adjusting the angle of the phone according to the interface prompts. After connecting to the satellite, the message can be sent, which takes about 15 seconds to complete.
- Huawei XMAGE Imaging celebrates its one-year anniversary, leading the trend of mobile imaging with innovation
- Redmi’s strategic launch event for the era of performance is officially announced! Open a new paradigm on August 3rd
- OPPO K11’s first sales report is officially released, with a 267% increase compared to OPPO K10
At the same time, the iPhone will automatically send the user’s location, medical ID (if set), and battery level to emergency services. In this way, when you are in an outdoor area without network signal, you can share your location with your family and friends through this feature in a timely manner.
In addition, the satellite SOS feature of the iPhone 14 series can also work with other features on the Apple Watch, including collision detection and fall detection. For example, when a major car accident is detected, the Apple Watch screen will display an emergency call interface and ask if you have encountered an accident.
- Yu Chengdong is amazing! Let Xiaoyi write the invitation copy for the 2023 Huawei Developer Conference
- The OnePlus Ace2 Pro is equipped with the best chip available on Earth
- Guo Mingqi Room-temperature superconductivity could rival quantum computers like the iPhone
- Pedestrians playing with their phones while crossing the road will be fined! Netizens are applauding
- Xiaomi Public Welfare Foundation donates 25 million yuan to aid Beijing and Hebei in flood relief efforts
- OPPO Find N3 is certified by national quality certification, with 100W fast charging and 1TB storage
- Morning News vivo V29 officially released, Ideal Car sales in July exceeded 34,000 units