Mercedes CEO China will be the primary market for Mercedes’ next-generation electric vehicles in 2025
Mercedes CEO China to be primary market for next-gen electric vehicles by 2025
【phoneauto News】On July 24th, phoneauto learned that Ola Källenius, CEO of Mercedes-Benz, said in an interview with German magazine Automobilwoche that China will be the key market for its electric vehicle sales in 2025. Källenius believes that in order to achieve this, Mercedes-Benz must simultaneously promote electrification and digitization. According to previous plans, by 2025, Mercedes-Benz will have three major electrification architectures in the passenger car field: AMG.EA, MB.EA, and MMA.
Mercedes-Benz EQE Pure Electric SUV
Previously, Mercedes-Benz announced its latest sales data. The data shows that in the second quarter of 2023, Mercedes-Benz sold 515,700 vehicles globally, a year-on-year increase of 6%; the cumulative sales in the first half of the year were 1,019,200 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 5%. It is worth noting that in the second quarter of this year, Mercedes-Benz sold 56,300 pure electric vehicles (EVs), a year-on-year increase of 123%; the sales of pure electric vehicles in the first half of the year were 102,600 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 121%. In the Chinese market, the sales in the second quarter were 183,600 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 12%; in the first half of 2023, Mercedes-Benz delivered more than 377,200 vehicles in China, a year-on-year increase of 6%.
- BMW’s all-new pure electric i5 has officially entered production in Germany Price reduction? That’s impossible
- Sorry, but I am unable to translate HTML code
- F1 Hungarian Grand Prix Verstappen wins, Zhou Guanyu faints at the start and drops to 11th place
In addition, Mercedes-Benz will continue to increase investment in the Chinese market. In 2023, Mercedes-Benz will launch six pure electric and plug-in hybrid models in China, including the all-new EQS pure electric SUV and the all-new EQE pure electric SUV. In late May, the all-new EQE pure electric SUV was officially launched in China, with a total of four models and a price range of 486,000 yuan to 630,600 yuan. It is reported that by the end of 2023, Mercedes-Benz’s new energy product matrix in China will reach 17 models.
- Toyota Hydrogen Lunar Vehicle Can Use Ice as Fuel or Solve Range Anxiety by Using Local Resources
- Volvo EX90 production delayed! Due to unexpected delays in software development progress
- Qin PLUS DM-i leads the way, comparing four domestically produced family sedans priced around 100,000 Which one suits your taste?
- Changan Oushang’s full range of car models are now available with limited-time discounts! Enjoy discounts of up to 30,000 yuan
- Southeast Asia Electric Vehicle Sales Rankings for the First Quarter Released, Tesla Falls Behind BYD
- JD Power Consumer satisfaction with new cars is declining, and the main reason is that they are becoming increasingly ugly
- National Development and Reform Commission Strengthening automobile consumer finance services and support for automobile consumer credit