Latest Ranking of Installed Capacity of Chinese Battery Enterprises Ningde and BYD Take a Significant Lead
'Ningde and BYD lead in latest Chinese battery enterprise ranking'
【phoneauto News】Recently, phoneauto noticed that the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM) has released the latest installed capacity data for the Chinese power battery market in June 2023. It is reported that the total installed capacity of power batteries for new energy vehicles in China in June 2023 was 32.5 GWh, with a year-on-year growth rate of 27.7%. Despite some fluctuations in the first half of the year, the power battery industry still maintained a high-speed development, with an average growth rate of about 44.1%. In addition, in the first half of 2023, the average energy density of new energy vehicles in China was 47.1 kWh, with a year-on-year growth of 3.1%.
In terms of manufacturers, the top ten companies in terms of power battery installation capacity in China in June 2023 were: CATL with 15,420 kWh, BYD’s Fudi Battery with 9,045 kWh, Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL) with 2,092 kWh, Guoxuan High-Tech with 1,470 kWh, LG Energy Solution with 851 kWh, Hefei Guoxuan High-Tech Energy Technology with 732 kWh, EVE Energy with 665 kWh, Funeng Technology with 488 kWh, Xinwanda with 396 kW, and Zhongli with 314 kWh. Among them, Hefei Guoxuan High-Tech Energy Technology had the fastest growth rate, reaching 148.6%, followed by Xinwanda with 140.5%, while LG had a negative growth rate.
- Ford expects its electric vehicle business to incur a loss of $45 billion this year and delays its production target
- Price starting from 998,000 yuan Audi e-tron GT officially launched Zero to 100 km/h in fastest 33 seconds
- 159 billion yuan! Renault’s first-half profit reaches a historic high, doubling year-on-year growth
It is worth mentioning that downstream manufacturers of power battery companies vary. For example, for CATL, Tesla China is its largest customer, followed by NIO, Geely, GAC Aion, and Xpeng. As for Fudi Battery under BYD, over 94% of its power batteries are supplied to BYD’s own needs, with only a small portion supplied to FAW Toyota, FAW Besturn, FAW Hongqi, and Chengdu Bus, among others.
- China Automobile Dealers Association It is expected that the transaction volume of the used car market in July will reach 157 million vehicles
- Porsche’s first charging lounge is now open It is open all day, exclusively for Porsche owners
- Audi set a new record for electric vehicle sales in the United States in the second quarter of 2023
- Another one? Electric car spontaneous combustion causes a major fire on a cargo ship, Nissan may suffer heavy losses
- Soul cannot be lost! Porsche 911 will keep the engine as long as possible
- Difficulties continue to increase as BYD successfully overcomes the technical challenges of CTB, further validating the safety of the entire vehicle
- Seven major auto companies plan to jointly invest at least $1 billion in the United States to build tens of thousands of charging stations