NIO Car applies for self-developed chip trademark ‘Yang Jian’, first chip to be mass-produced in October!
NIO Car Seeks Trademark for Newly-Developed 'Yang Jian' Chip, First Batch Set for Mass Production in October!
【PhoneAuto News】Tianyancha App shows that recently, NIO Automobile Technology (Anhui) Co., Ltd. has applied to register the trademark “NIO Yang Jian”. The international classification is scientific instruments, and the current trademark status is awaiting substantive examination.
- Chery Xingtu Xingjizhi Era ES opens blind orders, to be launched in the fourth quarter with blind order prices ranging from 260,000 to 360,000 yuan.
- Up to 80,000 yuan in discounts! Geekearther offers incredible discounts again, with the lowest price of Geekearther 001 being less than 270,000 yuan.
- Starting from 299,800 yuan! 2024 Jaguar XEL officially launched with three models.
In September of this year, NIO announced at the NIO IN 2023 NIO Innovation Technology Day held in Shanghai that its self-developed chip named NX6031 will be put into mass production in October. Why is it named “Yang Jian”? It turns out that this self-developed chip is a main control chip for lidar. As we all know, Yang Jian has three eyes, which can see more and wider than others, which is very consistent with the function of lidar.
It is reported that this is an 8-core 64-bit main control chip for lidar, equipped with 8 9-bit AD analog-to-digital converters, and each channel’s sampling frequency can reach up to 1GHz, which can efficiently capture the laser echo signal.
Based on the powerful processing capability of the chip, the AD can define more rich point cloud features, further improving the accuracy and reliability of the perception system. At the same time, the power consumption of this chip is reduced by 50%, and the optimization of lidar point cloud processing is improved by 30%. The processing capacity of point cloud reaches 8m points per second, and it can simultaneously receive raw data and point cloud data.
Li Bin, the founder, chairman, and CEO of NIO, introduced that “Yang Jian” has the characteristics of high integration, low energy consumption, and high performance. Through self-developed chips, NIO can exchange short-term investment for long-term benefits. This strategy can help NIO save costs and improve competitiveness. Li Bin also mentioned that this chip is just a product of their team’s trial. It didn’t consume too much energy, and they will continue to develop main chips and release them at the appropriate time.
In addition to NIO, several car companies have announced cross-border chip manufacturing in recent years, including Xiaopeng, Li Xiang, Geely, and BYD.
- Chery Chairman New energy vehicles will enter the mainstream next year, no need to sacrifice profit for sales volume.
- Another big shot introduces a new car! Cao Huicheng, the son of Cao Dewang, becomes the 100,000th owner of the NIO ES9.
- Is this supposed to be opening a zoo? Chery applies for trademarks of North China Leopard/ Javan Tiger/ West African Lion.
- Tesla executives boast Model Y will be this year’s sales champion! Ignoring BYD?
- United Automobile Workers Union Will Have to Upgrade Strike Against Ford Motor Company
- NIO EC7 M42 Nebula Red color scheme is newly available! Additionally, there are 8 other color schemes to choose from
- Ministry of Transport In September, the online ride-hailing platforms received a total of 793 million orders