In response to the fierce competition in the automotive market, NIO’s sub-brand, Alps, will introduce a single-motor electric vehicle model
NIO's sub-brand, Alps, will introduce a single-motor electric vehicle model in response to fierce competition in the automotive market
【Phoneauto News】In order to strengthen its presence in the mid-range market, NIO previously stated that it will launch a lower-positioned sub-brand called “Alps”. Recently, there have been reports that, in response to the increasingly fierce competition in the domestic new energy vehicle market, NIO may introduce an entry-level model priced at around 200,000 yuan.
According to reports, NIO will introduce a single motor solution on the first model of the Alps, which was recently approved. Alps is one of NIO’s sub-brands, focusing on the 200,000-300,000 yuan market segment and serving as the main force for NIO to enter the mass market. The addition of a single motor solution will significantly enhance the strategic flexibility of this brand. According to Li Bin’s statement at the Q1 earnings conference, the Alps is expected to be delivered in the second half of 2024.
- Someone has calculated the battery capacity of the Tesla Cybertruck it can reach a maximum of 232kWh
- Translation Tesla’s Cybertruck is disguised as a Ford F-150 and looks like a prank
- The BMW M3 will move towards electrification Is this the end of the era of internal combustion engines or a new beginning?
It is understood that the first model of the Alps will be a sedan. Insiders revealed that the single motor mounted on the new car will use NIO’s self-developed and self-produced next-generation motor, mainly for size and cost optimization. In addition to the single motor, NIO’s next-generation technology platform NT3 will also make its debut on this new Alps model. NT3 will adopt an 800V high-voltage architecture to further improve the experience of battery swapping and ultra-fast charging. As for the battery capacity, the first model of the Alps has planned two versions: approximately 60 kWh and 90 kWh. The new battery pack size will be compatible with the existing third-generation battery swapping stations, but will be thinner, allowing for more space in the vehicle cabin.
Currently, NIO, positioned as a luxury brand, equips all its models with front and rear dual motors to provide stronger performance. However, according to information obtained by 36Kr from insiders, the single motor solution has not been approved internally by NIO, even in the Alps brand. However, due to the difficulty in lowering the price of the dual motor version, it is at a disadvantage in the current market competition, which may be the main reason why NIO decided to change the previous plan.
- Tesla will negotiate with India regarding the establishment of a car factory to produce approximately 170,000 vehicles
- The brand new entry-level sedan from Mercedes-Benz will make its debut at the Munich Auto Show, potentially named the all-new EQA
- Guangzhou Automobile Toyota’s response to layoffs Normal adjustment, the other party is dispatched employees
- Baoshun Cloud 28th July blind booking opens, power configuration exposed, dubbed epic-level
- New Buick Regal launched, equipped with a 15T four-cylinder engine, starting at 159,800 yuan
- Zhao Changjiang summarized the reasons for launching the Tengshi N8 the market needs an SUV like this
- Latest patent announcement from Geely Car seats can be quickly cooled down