Qualcomm launches Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 processor! Redmi Note 12R debuts
Qualcomm launches Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 processor, Redmi Note 12R debuts
【PhoneAuto News】On June 27th, PhoneAuto learned that Qualcomm has launched the brand new second-generation Snapdragon 4 mobile platform (Snapdragon 4 Gen2 processor), further promoting the popularization of advanced technologies such as 5G worldwide.
Through innovative design, the platform aims to allow more consumers worldwide to enjoy superior mobile experiences. The second-generation Snapdragon 4 can easily support users’ daily use throughout the day, bringing fast CPU processing speed, clear photo and video shooting, as well as high-speed and reliable 5G and Wi-Fi connections. The new Xiaomi phone Redmi Note 12R will be the first to use this platform.
Thanks to the Snapdragon X61 modem, Snapdragon 4 Gen2 is the first chip in this series to support the improved 3GPP Release 16 5G, and also the first 4nm chip in the Snapdragon 4 series. Qualcomm did not disclose the name of the foundry, but newer nodes are expected to improve overall efficiency. For reference, Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 uses 6nm (TSMC) manufacturing.
- Summer phone upgrade tips! Take a look and see if these models are what you’re looking for A must-read for students
- iPhone 15 may help Apple and TSMC earn billions of dollars more We are winning!
- 360 brand’s new model phone 360 Q30 Pro design unveiled, a product in the hundred-yuan price range?
The new CPU has 2 performance cores (2.2GHz) and 6 efficiency cores (2.0GHz). Compared with Snapdragon 4 Gen 1, performance has increased by 10%. There are no details about the Adreno GPU, and the display support is the same- up to FHD+ (120fps).
More importantly, the new chip uses faster RAM, LPDDR5x (up to 3200MHz). Faster storage is optional, and manufacturers can equip phones with UFS 3.1 (2 channels).
The camera hardware is reduced to dual ISPs, but has a new skill called Multi-Camera Time Filter (MCTF), which can better reduce video noise. Video shooting is still limited to 1080p@60fps (slow motion is 720p@120fps), but now supports EIS. The chip can handle up to 108 million pixels of the camera or up to 32 million pixels of zero shutter lag (or dual cameras of 16 million pixels + 16 million pixels). The autofocus should also be faster.
Like its predecessor, the second-generation chip is equipped with Quick Charge 4+ technology. According to Qualcomm, it can charge the battery to 50% in 15 minutes, but no further details have been provided. The USB-C connection has a rated speed of USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps).
3GPP Release 16 brings power-saving features, improves coverage range, and makes cellular-based positioning more accurate. The X61 modem can perform 4×4 MIMO (with a maximum bandwidth of up to 100MHz) and provide up to 2.5Gbps downlink speed and 900Mbps uplink speed.
Redmi Note 12R
The first phone to be equipped with the Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 processor should be the Redmi Note 12R, which has already appeared on the China Telecom website. The new phone is shown to be equipped with a 6.79-inch FHD+ punch-hole display with a resolution of 2460×1080, a 50-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel secondary camera on the back, and a built-in 5000mAh battery with support for 22.5W fast charging.
According to China Telecom, the Redmi Note 12R will be released on June 30th with a price of 1099 yuan for the 4GB+128GB version, 1199 yuan for the 6GB+128GB version, 1599 yuan for the 8GB+128GB version, and 1799 yuan for the 8GB+256GB version.
- Headline Vivo X90s officially released, domestic screens have become the mainstream of the mobile phone industry
- Attention all those who are planning to change their phones recently! The OnePlus Ace 2V is worth a try, starting at only 2199 yuan
- The Nubia Neovision Glass smart glasses will go on sale tomorrow for a price of 2999 yuan
- 2023 Weibo Mobile Imaging Year kicks off with multiple themes and tracks fully open to the public
- vivo X90s officially launched! The selling price will be announced in 3 minutes and even the product manager is stunned
- OnePlus 12 detailed specifications exposed again The circular camera module is centered and the configuration is basically maxed out
- Exposure OnePlus Nord 3 will be released on July 5th Nord CE 3 may be released together