The Audi RS6 sedan is expected to return to the market in the form of an electric vehicle in 2025
The Audi RS6 sedan will be an electric vehicle in 2025
【Phoneauto News】The Audi RS6 is a highly acclaimed high-performance model known for its powerful engine, elegant exterior, and practical space. However, since 2010, the RS6 has only been available in the form of a station wagon (Avant) in the market, and the sedan version has been absent for nearly 13 years. However, according to foreign media AutoCar, Audi plans to launch a brand new RS6 sedan in 2025, and this time it will be a fully electric model.
Rendering of the electric RS6
The report states that the new Audi RS6 sedan will be based on the Volkswagen Group’s PPE (Premium Platform Electric) platform, which is a modular chassis designed for high-end electric vehicles. This platform will first be used for the upcoming Porsche Macan EV, set to be released at the end of this year. In addition, Audi will also launch the A6 e-tron in 2024, which is a mid-size luxury electric sedan. Its concept version was unveiled in 2021, claiming to have a WLTP range of 435 miles (about 700 kilometers).
- Xiaopeng Motors issues announcement Crackdown on occupying charging station spots with a penalty of 1 yuan per minute for exceeding the allotted time
- Rolls-Royce confirms that one of its luxury cars was damaged in a cargo ship fire and has communicated with the customer
- Lynk & Co 08 presale price announced! Introducing a limited edition with a price range of 218,000 to 288,000 yuan
It is reported that the new RS6 sedan will have even more powerful performance than the currently available fuel version of the RS6. The current fuel version of the RS6 is equipped with a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine, with a maximum power of 600 horsepower (441 kilowatts) and a maximum torque of 800 Newton meters. The electric version of the RS6 is expected to have an output of over 700 horsepower (515 kilowatts) and be able to accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour (about 96 kilometers per hour) in under 3 seconds.
Audi RS6 Avant
The new RS6 sedan not only has improved performance, but also innovates in design. According to a set of hypothetical images previously released by foreign media Drive, we can see that the electric version of the RS6 sedan will adopt sharper and sportier lines while retaining Audi’s family-style hexagonal grille and LED headlights. The side of the car continues the muscular and low-slung stance of the RS6 wagon version, and the rear is equipped with a diffuser and dual-sided quad exhaust pipes.
Currently, Audi has not formally confirmed the news of the electric version of the RS6 sedan, but the company has stated that by 2025, it will launch 20 electric models, covering different levels and segments such as A3 to Q8. Therefore, we have reason to expect that Audi will bring us a stunning electric high-performance sedan.
- Nezha AYA starts delivery with upgraded exterior and interior It is priced at 73,800 to 88,800 yuan
- Tesla is accused of infringing on electric vehicle patents, involving 20,000 charging stations
- Guangqi AI Big Model Platform debuts The Haobo GT will be the first model to be equipped with it
- China Association of Automobile Manufacturers Wholesale sales of new energy vehicles in July reached 737,000 units, a year-on-year increase of 307%
- Latest domestic new energy vehicle sales ranking released BYD and Tesla ranked top two
- The Chang’an Yida Enjoy Edition is officially launched! The price is amazing, only selling for 77,900 yuan
- Zhao Changjiang talks about the Tengshi N8 again Tengshi X upgraded and replaced, the only full-scene SUV in the same price range