Why doesn’t the Samsung Z Fold5 have a built-in S Pen? Surprisingly, it’s for the consideration of the users
The Samsung Z Fold5 doesn't have a built-in S Pen for the users' consideration
【Phoneauto News】Since the release of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3, the company has been trying to elegantly incorporate the S Pen into its foldable phones. Although Samsung simply inserted a stylus into the phone, there are still some things to consider. A Samsung executive explained why the Galaxy Z Fold5 does not have a built-in S Pen.
Samsung Z Fold5
On the evening of July 26th, Beijing time, Samsung officially released its new foldable phone, the Galaxy Z Fold5. It brings some powerful specifications, hardware, and camera improvements, with a starting price of $1,799 (approximately RMB 12,800).
However, it does not have a built-in S Pen. Samsung has actually tried to incorporate the S Pen into the Z Fold5. Samsung showcased a large number of different phone prototypes it developed, one of which actually had a built-in S Pen, just like the S23 Ultra. It seemed natural to have an integrated S Pen.
- Motorola Moto G14 released! Equipped with a 12nm processor, priced at approximately 870 yuan
- vivo V29 5G officially launched with the support of Snapdragon 778G and a 50 million pixel main camera
- Meizu launches the refreshing plan for summer, with the 20 series offering a discount of up to 300 yuan!
Samsung Z Fold5
Although it is possible to do this, things are not that simple. Every small change will have a chain reaction, and putting the S Pen in the Z Fold will also have certain “consequences”. Samsung’s MX design director, Hubert Lee, explained why the company did not equip the phone with an S Pen.
He said, “There are many things to consider. You can’t just stick a pen in there. If you put the pen in, there will be other cost consequences.” Considering that the prices of tech products are rising every year, this is a credible explanation. The price of the Galaxy Z Fold series phones has always been $1,799, which is not easy under the current economic situation. Adding an S Pen would incur additional manufacturing costs. These costs are likely to be passed on to the users.
Although Samsung did not incorporate the S Pen into its foldable phones, the situation may change next year. We also do not rule out the possibility that other companies will surpass Samsung and equip their foldable phones with styluses.
- Samsung begins mass production of OLED display screens for iPhone 15, surpassing LG and BOE
- Xiaomi’s CEO, Wang Hua, published an article Redmi phones have promoted the popularization of smartphones worldwide
- Hurry up and bookmark this page There are four affordable and practical mobile phones available here They are perfect for back-to-school season
- Big Brother is so rich? The foldable smartphone market in India is expected to grow four times in the next two years
- Morning News Samsung’s S24 series battery capacity exposed, Nintendo’s next generation console to be released
- OPPO K11 will have its first sale today The official claims that it won’t lag for 4 years The top configuration is priced at 2499 yuan
- Wu Jing endorses ZTE Little Fresh 50, which is expected to be released today with an estimated starting price of 899 yuan