New Tesla Model Y for overseas delivery! Equipped with BYD blade battery
The Tesla Model Y with BYD blade battery is available for overseas delivery
【PhoneAuto News】Tesla and BYD are rivals in the new energy vehicle industry, but they are also partners.
On May 22nd, it was reported that the Tesla Model Y rear-wheel drive version equipped with BYD blade batteries has finally rolled off the production line at the Berlin super factory in Germany and has been delivered to users. This is the first time that the Tesla Berlin super factory has used Chinese batteries.
Currently, the long-range and performance versions of the Tesla Model Y sold in Europe are equipped with ternary lithium batteries, and only the rear-wheel drive version of the Model Y is equipped with BYD blade batteries. As for whether the domestically-produced Tesla Model Y rear-wheel drive version will use BYD blade batteries, there is no news yet. In the future, this model should still be equipped with lithium iron phosphate batteries produced by CATL.
- The investigation results of the out-of-control Tesla case in Canada have been released, revealing that it was due to operational errors rather than mechanical failure
- Buy now to speed up the process! Rolls-Royce CEO Ordering a Ghost now will result in delivery in 2025
- Changan Automobile will establish a Southeast Asian division and plans to launch at least 30 global products in the future
It is reported that the Tesla Model Y rear-wheel drive version equipped with BYD blade batteries has a battery capacity of 55 kWh and a range of 440 kilometers, while the domestically-produced Model Y equipped with CATL batteries has a battery capacity of 60 kWh and a range of 455 kilometers.
The two battery performances are similar in terms of range, but the charging power is different. According to charging test data released by overseas users on forums, the battery was charged from 11% to 71% in 15 minutes for the first time, replenishing 273 kilometers of range. The second time, the battery was charged from 37% to 99% in 32 minutes. In addition, BYD blade batteries can be directly installed on the body, reducing weight and cost.
Overall, although the Tesla Model Y rear-wheel drive version equipped with BYD blade batteries is slightly inferior to CATL’s lithium iron phosphate batteries in terms of battery capacity and range, it also has its own advantages.
- New exterior and interior design! The official release of the preview image of the new Honda Insight
- Fu Yao Architecture’s first model! Xiaopeng G6’s first car officially offline Charging technology further improved
- Five Ling Unsportsmanlike MINI EV reduced by 13,000 yuan, starting at only 29,800 yuan for the entire series
- Genesis GV70 officially launched with a maximum power of 304 horsepower, starting at 329,800 yuan!
- Another hit product is coming? BYD Song Pro DM-i Championship Edition officially announces its launch on May 25th
- It has to be BYD! New Han model surpasses 13,695 orders within 72 hours of launch
- Jianghuai Automobile Car sales exceeded 180,000 in the first four months of this year, with a year-on-year growth of over 16%