US regulatory agency launches investigation into Cruise autonomous cars
US Regulatory Agency Launches Probe into Safety of Cruise's Autonomous Vehicles
【PhoneAuto News】On October 18th, PhoneAuto noticed that, according to reports, Cruise, the self-driving car subsidiary of General Motors, exhibited dangerous behavior towards pedestrians. This incident has caught the attention of US federal regulatory agencies, leading to a safety investigation for General Motors.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in a document, they have initiated a safety defect investigation on nearly 600 self-driving cars from Cruise. During the investigation, NHTSA found that these vehicles, including at pedestrian crosswalks, may not have taken sufficient safety measures to protect pedestrians.
This incident is not the first time Cruise has attracted attention. Earlier this year, the company sparked market discussions with reports about its self-driving taxi service. It is reported that Cruise’s self-driving taxi service has been launched in the San Francisco Bay Area, making General Motors’ developments in this field highly anticipated.
- Two years and 39 new energy vehicles, is Chery taking too big of a step in the field of new energy?
- Three times in two months, six local Toyota factories suspended production due to an explosion at a supply chain company.
- 42.79 million yuan or more! The 2024 Audi A6L is on the market with unchanged power and minor changes in appearance and configuration.
In fact, as one of the future trends in the automotive industry, autonomous driving technology has attracted attention and investment from numerous technology and automotive companies. However, ensuring road safety in the rapid development of autonomous driving technology has become a focus for regulatory agencies and the public.
For General Motors, this incident is undoubtedly a severe test. The results of NHTSA’s investigation will have an impact on the company’s reputation and could affect Cruise’s self-driving taxi business. General Motors must take immediate action to address the safety issues of Cruise’s self-driving cars to avoid further public questioning and regulatory pressure.
- GAC Galaxie E8 exterior and interior official images released, featuring a 45-inch 8K display and a half-size steering wheel.
- CATL will launch automotive-grade solid-state batteries previously used in the aviation field.
- Announcement of the Wanjie Xin M7 Delivery and Care Plan Delivery delayed, with a subsidy of up to 10,000 yuan.
- US Auto Workers’ Massive Strike has caused nearly $8 billion in losses; the economy has suffered a heavy blow.
- Tesla owner is dumbfounded by the bill $21,000 to repair the car that broke down during a rainy day.
- Tao Lin Many car owners still choose Tesla after accidents! Are they talking about Lin Zhiling?
- Five Ling Ling Lingxi Hybrid System Officially Released, Ling Ling Lingguang Debuts without Exceeding Four Oils.