Consumer demand weak, US smartphone shipments decline 24% year-on-year in Q2 2023
US smartphone shipments in Q2 2023 declined by 24% YoY due to weak consumer demand
【Phoneauto News】Recently, the analysis agency Counterpoint Research released the shipment volume of smartphones in the US market for the second quarter of 2023. The data shows that the US market declined by 24% year-on-year in Q2 of this year, marking the third consecutive quarter of decline. Among them, the shipment volume of Android brands such as Samsung, Motorola, and TCL Alcatel decreased the most, while Apple’s shipment volume showed more elasticity.
Analysts believe that although Apple’s shipment volume in the US market has decreased compared to the same period last year, the brand’s market share has still increased by 10% year-on-year. Apple’s resilience is attributed to various promotional activities, with carriers offering promotions targeting old models, which also boosted product sales. Through extensive subsidies from carriers, Apple ultimately obtained a 55% market share.
- 2023 ChinaJoy, Hisense TV joins hands with Perfect World Games to create a gaming paradise
- iPhone 15 will be equipped with a 48-megapixel camera across all models, and the standard version will see another upgrade
- Huawei Summer Promotion in progress Buy Huawei MatePad series tablets and receive a stylus pen for free
It is also noteworthy that although the overall shipment volume has declined, foldable smartphones have become the most eye-catching presence in the US smartphone market. Motorola has launched the foldable device Razr+, Google has released its first foldable device Pixel Fold, and Samsung has also launched the new Galaxy Z Flip5 and Z Fold5. Therefore, the shipment volume of foldable devices in the US may reach its highest level in the third quarter of 2023.
- ChinaJoy2023 OnePlus Space Capsule booth attracts attention OnePlus Ace 2 Pro is poised and ready
- ROG7 makes an appearance at ChinaJoy 2023, with its combat power boosted by faith
- ChinaJoy2023 realme booth highlights are abundant, GT5 becomes the biggest surprise
- The Honor Magic V2 series has won the top spot in the 8K+ Android smartphone market in terms of individual product share
- Five major trends in smartphones in the second half of the year Lingdong Island has been targeted by these manufacturers
- 2023 ChinaJoy Grand Opening Meizu and Qualcomm Make Their Official Debut Together
- Samsung’s Lu Taiwen The goal is for foldable screen smartphones to account for 20% of flagship machine sales