vivo surpasses Samsung to become the top smartphone brand in India, while Xiaomi experiences a sudden 39% drop!
Vivo surpasses Samsung to become top smartphone brand in India, Xiaomi experiences 39% drop
【Phoneauto News】According to market research company International Data Corporation (IDC), vivo, a smartphone brand, surpassed tech giant Samsung in the second quarter of 2023 to become the leading smartphone manufacturer in India.
In the second quarter, vivo’s market share expanded from 14.5% in the same period last year to 16%, maintaining the top position. During this period, its shipment volume increased by 7.4%; Samsung, ranking second, saw its market share decline from 16.3% in the second quarter of 2022 to 15.7% in the second quarter of 2023; realme ranked third, with a significant year-on-year decline of 29.8% in shipment volume, and its market share declined from 17.5% to 12.6%; OPPO ranked fourth with a market share of 11%, and its shipment volume declined by 7.4%.
Xiaomi had the largest decline in shipment volume, which decreased by 39.4%. This decline caused its market share to drop from 17.6% in the second quarter of 2022 to 11% in the second quarter of 2023.
- Google Pixel 8 configuration exposed! Charging up to 24W, starting at around 4700 yuan
- Children can’t stop playing with their phones? You may need to make good use of a child’s Apple ID
- Exposure vivo V29e to be released at the end of this month, featuring a curved screen and equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 series
According to the data from the market research company, the smartphone shipment volume in the Indian market in the first half of 2023 was 64 million units, a 10% decrease compared to the previous year. The market grew by 10% in the second quarter, with device shipments increasing by 34 million units compared to the previous quarter, but a 3% decrease compared to the same period last year.
Online channel shipments decreased by 15% compared to the previous year, while offline channel shipments increased by 11%, reaching a market share of 54%. This decline was particularly evident for brands focused on online sales such as Xiaomi and realme, leading to an overall decrease.
- Samsung’s new foldable screen smartphone has already exceeded one million units in pre-sales Are Koreans going crazy buying it?
- Foreign media Samsung’s mobile phone sales are the highest globally, but its profit is only one-seventh of Apple’s
- OnePlus foldable phone price exposure! The price is less than 10,000 yuan and will be released in the near future
- From Mobile Phones to Cars, Qualcomm Drives Mobile Gaming into Uncharted Territory
- Expose Huawei’s new model is testing a certain high-tech material, which indirectly confirms the return of 5G?
- Oneplus Ace2 Pro is equipped with a 5000mAh+150W endurance system, leading the industry in efficiency
- Apple’s revenue reaches a historical high, with India playing an important role The second China?