Consumers reported that they were cheated when trying to get a free mobile phone Don’t be tempted by small gains!
Consumers cheated while trying to get free phone Avoid small gains
【PhoneAuto News】On June 26th, PhoneAuto noticed that, according to information from the Worker’s Daily, some consumers reported that operators recommended customers to upgrade their packages through marketing calls or other means, and induced them to sign up for high-priced package services with free mobile phones, gift items, and other incentives. Some services even bundled financial products, causing users to take on loans.
For example, Mr. Sun, a resident of Beijing, said that he had received a customer service call from a certain operator, telling him that there was a service available that would allow him to receive a mobile phone worth around 2,000 yuan for free after upgrading his package. Mr. Sun went to the business hall to apply and successfully received the phone. However, he later found out that the service he had signed up for was a financial contract product. The monthly package fee for the new phone number was 128 yuan, higher than his original 98 yuan package, and needed to be used continuously for three years, while also requiring 4,200 yuan of money in Alipay to be frozen. If payment was not made on time during the contract period, according to the severity of the situation, there may be debt collection in different forms, and negative consequences such as credit limit closure. Mr. Sun called the operator’s customer service to request the cancellation of the service and a refund, but was told that it was being processed and there was no result yet.
Some industry insiders remind consumers that when handling various communication services, they need to keep their eyes open and avoid falling into the “traps” set by businesses!
- Nokia C21 Pro in purple color has been released overseas, with a price of about 600 yuan RMB
- Expose Xiaomi Redmi’s new low-end version adopts a dual-camera solution, but the secondary lens is missing and only for show
- Xiaomi 13T is about to be launched and has appeared in the IMEI database It is equipped with Snapdragon 8+ Gen1
In fact, through searching, we can find that there are many cases similar to Mr. Sun’s, where consumers were lured in with the promise of a free phone but ended up being scammed. Many consumers did not pay attention to the relevant terms when receiving the phone, and businesses used various means to achieve their goals. In the end, in these seemingly very favorable transactions, consumers themselves are often not the ultimate beneficiaries.
- Xiaomi has reportedly abandoned MIUI 145 and will directly release MIUI 15 based on Android 14
- Flyme’s 11th anniversary brings a major update, and the Meizu 20 series is now fully available for push
- Revealing the codenames of Xiaomi’s 14th generation Houji and Shennong! Experience, appearance, and Leica reign supreme
- Honor X50 scheduled for July 5th! The masterpiece of ten years leads the way in upgrading the level of experience
- Many new products from Honor will be released next month, not just the X50, but also smartwatches and foldable machines, etc
- Honor X50 appearance announced! Released on July 5th with new color options to enhance its overall appearance
- The OnePlus 12 may be released earlier than expected in December of this year, with a significant improvement over the OnePlus 11!