Global smartphone market shows the worst performance in a decade, and Apple sales are also not doing well.
Global Smartphone Market Experiences Decade-Worst Performance, with Apple Sales Following Suit
[Mobile China News] Recently, Phone China noticed that according to Counterpoint’s research data, the global smartphone market showed a significant shrinking trend in the third quarter of this year, with an overall decline of 8%, reaching its worst performance in a decade. The main reason for this trend is the weak demand for major smartphone brands in most developed markets.
Apple’s performance has also been affected. Its shipments this quarter decreased by 8%, while Samsung’s sales declined by 13%. However, although the overall shipments of the entire industry increased by 2% compared to the second quarter, whether this growth trend can continue remains to be seen.
Counterpoint believes that with Apple’s upcoming release of the new iPhone 15 series in September, as well as sales activities such as the Indian festival season, China’s Singles’ Day, and year-end promotions in various regions, the global smartphone market may end the year with a year-on-year decline trend that has lasted for more than two years. In addition, emerging markets may also become a bright spot. The Middle East and Africa were the only regions to achieve year-on-year growth in the third quarter, indicating that emerging markets still have considerable potential.
- Xiaomi 14 series images primarily focus on the main camera, with strong stacking and first-of-its-kind technology.
- Apple iPhone 15 costs less than half of its retail price, no wonder it’s so profitable!
- Official disclosure is the most deadly! Wang Hua Can’t hold it anymore, Xiaomi’s new system is not called MIOS.
As for the future, with the continuous development of technology, we believe that the smartphone market will gradually recover and grow. Despite the current overall contraction of the market, major brands are still actively seeking new growth points while also addressing the challenges of emerging markets. In addition, with the popularization and promotion of 5G technology, smartphones will become increasingly intelligent in the future and will be able to support more internet applications and services.
- Google Pixel 8 Pro’s facial recognition is a letdown brothers can easily unlock it.
- Xiaomi’s 14-core configuration and price fully exposed Surging chip + domestically produced lens!
- Lei Jun preheats for the Xiaomi 14 series Don’t worry everyone, this product is very very very powerful.
- How to Choose a Second-hand iPhone? Apple Official Offers Suggestions, Don’t Buy in This Situation.
- Boom before release! Xiaomi 14 shoots up the hot search rankings, to be released at the end of the month. The best straight-screen phone?
- OPPO Find N3 officially announced the adoption of an independent security chip, ushering in a new era of business etiquette.
- vivo goes big! On November 1st, they will release their self-developed AI big model and OriginOS 4, and much more.