Qualcomm Vice President Qualcomm is transitioning from a communication company to an intelligent edge computing company
Qualcomm is shifting from communication to intelligent edge computing
【PhoneAuto News】Recently, PhoneAuto noticed that Qualcomm believes that the future of artificial intelligence (AI) will require computing power that is stronger than cloud computing itself. Alex Katouzian, senior vice president of Qualcomm, stated that the world’s largest smartphone processor manufacturer is transforming from a communication company to an “intelligent edge computing” company. Alex Katouzian also emphasized Qualcomm’s capabilities in artificial intelligence: to date, the company has shipped 2 billion products with AI functionality.
Alex Katouzian said: “As the number of connected devices and traffic continues to accelerate, and data center costs rise, it is impossible to send all content to the cloud.” “When it comes to personal information, people are also unwilling to do so.” In addition, Alex Katouzian believes that excess inventory caused by sluggish global mobile device demand will disappear in the third or fourth quarter of this year. He said that some of Qualcomm’s customers have started to increase orders for small parts, which is a leading indicator of rising demand.
Currently, Qualcomm is one of the main suppliers of smartphone chips in many people’s impressions. In the Android smartphone market, Qualcomm’s mobile platform has a high presence. Currently, their second-generation Snapdragon 8 mobile platform is almost a standard configuration for flagship smartphones. Of course, previous 8-series mobile platforms were almost the same. It can be foreseen that the third-generation Snapdragon 8 mobile platform is likely to be released at the end of this year, which will greatly affect the development of Android flagship smartphones in 2024.
- Highest discount of 1500 yuan! Honor shares 618 shopping strategy, these products are selling like hotcakes
- Samsung officially announces new phone F54 5G to be released on June 6th, exterior image revealed
- Xiaomi’s patent on solar charging methods for terminal charging has been released
- The OPPO Reno10 series will go on sale on June 1st starting at 2499 yuan Are you ready to buy?
- Countdown one day! A comprehensive summary of the vivo S17 series configuration information, only the price is left
- Operators always target me! 99% of the respondents have reported experiencing WiFi anxiety
- Huawei’s Audio and Video is the Most Beautiful and Powerful CP, Choose Your 618 Digital Goodies This Way
- Price of Redmi Note 12T Pro revealed! Starting at 1599 for the LCD screen light
- Prepare for 618! Three major upgraded new products of Realme will officially go on sale tomorrow night, starting from 399 yuan
- Give me two and a half minutes, and I will give you all the information on these four amazing machines for the 618 shopping festival