Rumors suggest that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 chip will be jointly manufactured by TSMC and Samsung
Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 chip may be made by TSMC and Samsung together, according to rumors
【PhoneAuto News】According to foreign media reports, the next-generation flagship chip of Qualcomm, Snapdragon 8 Gen 4, will be produced by Samsung and TSMC according to relevant sources. Based on past release times, the chip is expected to be officially released at the end of 2024.
In addition, sources said that the standard version of Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 will be produced by TSMC’s N3E 3nm process, while Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 for Galaxy will be exclusive to Samsung’s Galaxy S25 series phones, produced by Samsung’s own 3GAP 3nm process.
Tweet with leaked information
- OPPO Reno10 series A new phone that looks and feels elegant
- vivo S17e will go on sale tomorrow – Flowing Sand Gold restores the golden beach of the sunset glow
- Real photos of the OnePlus Nord 3 5G have been leaked, and the appearance seems familiar Core specifications have been confirmed
Previously, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888, 888+, and 8 Gen 1, which were jokingly called “fire dragons” by netizens, were all exclusively produced by Samsung, and the reason for the serious heat of the phones was due to the outdated process compared to TSMC. Therefore, starting from the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip, TSMC resumed production. Although the Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 processor will be jointly produced by Samsung and TSMC, there is no need to worry, as foreign media reports that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 chip produced by Samsung is expected to be only used for Samsung’s own phones and will not be opened to other phone brands.
According to PhoneAuto, internal materials previously exposed by Samsung showed that the operating speed of the company’s second-generation 3nm process chip will be 22% faster than the current 4nm, with an efficiency improvement of 34%, and the chip size will also be reduced by 21%. TSMC also recently announced that the performance of its second-generation 3nm process is 18% higher than its own N5 5nm process, with an efficiency improvement of 32%.
Currently, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 has not been released yet, and it will be another 2 years before Samsung releases the Galaxy S25. Therefore, the information currently exposed may not be set in stone, and relevant information will need to wait until the end of 2024 to become clearer.
- What do you think of this configuration? Motorola Razr 40 series related parameters exposed
- Million-yuan C-format camera? Fuji X-S20 appearance exposure, price may increase by 30%
- OPPO’s stacking technology is so strong? The new Reno phone is equipped with a large sensor and a telephoto lens, and only weighs 194g
- Space Cross-Screen Assistance Empowers Huawei’s Full House Smart 40 to Start a Space Interaction Revolution
- iPhone users are in luck! The official ChatGPT app is now available in the US Apple Store
- Morning News Summary of Huawei’s Summer New Product Launch Event, Geely’s new Bin Yue officially launched
- Who wouldn’t be tempted! The OnePlus Ace 2 Genshin Impact customized version is so amazing, selling at only 3699 yuan