Samsung’s monopoly is ending! The high-frequency version of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor will be available for use
Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 high-frequency processor will end Samsung's monopoly
【PhoneAuto News】As a leading player in the mobile chip industry, Qualcomm Snapdragon is one of the preferred choices for almost every smartphone manufacturer. Recently, according to a digital blogger @’s exposure, Samsung’s exclusive period for the high-frequency version of Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 has ended and some domestic mobile phones will soon be equipped with this new processor.
It is reported that Qualcomm’s latest flagship mobile chip, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, has two versions, the standard version and the high-frequency version. Samsung Galaxy currently has an exclusive Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy processor, which is the high-frequency version. The CPU frequency of this processor has been increased from 3.2GHz of the standard version to 3.36GHz.
- Bezel-less screen without holes returns! Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 exposed to be released during the summer
- New product discontinued? Gree’s mobile phone team has been disbanded and the official website is currently inaccessible
- Equipped with a telephoto lens that can zoom in without losing focus, yet weighs less than 200g! The OPPO Reno10 series is both lightweight and substantial
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy processor in the Samsung Galaxy S23 series includes one Cortex-X3, two Cortex-A715, two Cortex-A710 and three Cortex-A510 cores. The clock frequency of the Cortex-X3 core is 3.36GHz instead of the standard version’s 3.2GHz. In addition, the frequency of the Adreno 740 GPU has also been increased from 680MHz to 719MHz. This improvement will further enhance the performance level of smartphones and gain better competitiveness in the market.
According to PhoneAuto, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip was officially released on November 16, 2022. The CPU performance has increased by up to 35%, and GPU performance has increased by 25%. The second-generation Snapdragon 8 CPU uses a brand new 1+4+3 octa-core architecture, including a large Kryo Prime core (based on Cortex-X3) running at 3.2GHz to provide high single-threaded performance. There are also four performance cores running at 2.8GHz to better handle multi-threaded workloads. Finally, there are three efficiency cores with a frequency of 2.0GHz. In terms of energy efficiency, compared with the previous generation platform, the CPU energy efficiency of the second-generation Snapdragon 8 has increased by 40%, and the Adreno GPU power consumption has been reduced by up to 45%.
- Rumors suggest that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 chip will be jointly manufactured by TSMC and Samsung
- OPPO Reno10 series A new phone that looks and feels elegant
- vivo S17e will go on sale tomorrow – Flowing Sand Gold restores the golden beach of the sunset glow
- Real photos of the OnePlus Nord 3 5G have been leaked, and the appearance seems familiar Core specifications have been confirmed
- What do you think of this configuration? Motorola Razr 40 series related parameters exposed
- Million-yuan C-format camera? Fuji X-S20 appearance exposure, price may increase by 30%
- OPPO’s stacking technology is so strong? The new Reno phone is equipped with a large sensor and a telephoto lens, and only weighs 194g