Another issue with the safety airbags! Toyota recalls 96,000 Corolla hatchbacks in the United States
Toyota recalls 96,000 Corolla hatchbacks in the US due to safety airbag concerns
【PhoneAuto News】Recently, according to foreign media reports, Toyota is recalling about 96,000 Corolla Cross SUV models sold in North America in 2022 and 2023 due to the possibility of the passenger-side airbag not deploying properly.
Toyota Corolla Cross
According to Toyota, the airbag itself is not the problem. Instead, there may be an issue with the dashboard where the passenger airbag is located. A Toyota spokesperson explained in an email to the media that in some vehicles, the center console panel that should open during airbag deployment may not have the required opening due to an error in the production process at one of the suppliers. The lack of an opening may cause the airbag to not deploy properly during a collision, increasing the risk of injury.
- To ensure pedestrian safety, the United States plans to mandate that the vast majority of passenger cars be equipped with AEB
- Crackdown on defamation! A blogger apologizes for spreading rumors about BYD and Tesla catching fire
- Roll it up completely 4 popular domestic SUVs compete in a big fight, which one is your favorite?
For this reason, the affected vehicles do not meet federal government crash requirements. Additionally, Toyota advises against sitting in the front passenger seat of affected models until the necessary inspections and part replacements, if necessary, have been carried out. When asked about any known incidents of improper airbag deployment or injuries caused by it, Toyota declined to comment.
Toyota Corolla Cross
Some gasoline-powered Corolla Cross models produced in 2022 and 2023 will be recalled, but hybrid models are not included. The recalled vehicles will be inspected at dealerships, and if necessary, the dashboard will be replaced by Toyota. The automaker will begin notifying owners in July, but anyone with questions can contact a Toyota brand center for consultation.
Recently, there have been incidents of recalls related to safety airbags. In early May, General Motors recalled nearly one million SUVs to fix faulty inflators that could pose an explosion risk. Prior to that, Ford had also recalled 231,000 vehicles to replace the airbag inflators that were replaced during the previous recall.
- From Wei Xiaoli to Li Xiaowei, can Wei Lai’s high-end replacement battery strategy make a comeback in the automotive industry?
- The Deep Blue S7 is officially offline today! The pre-sale price range is between 169,900 yuan and 239,900 yuan
- The all-new Land Rover Range Rover Sport SV has been officially released Its maximum speed can reach 289 kilometers per hour
- Starting at 95,800 yuan, the BYD 2023 model Yuan Pro is officially on the market, offering a large number of benefits
- The 2023 BYD Yuan Pro officially goes on sale with the e-platform, starting at 99,800 yuan
- Smart and Elite Ride! New Generation Honda Insight Official Images Released, to be Launched in June
- Is Mitsubishi really going to delist? Mitsubishi Motors extends suspension of production in China, and the resumption date is uncertain