Japan once again demands that Apple open up a third-party app store, which was previously rejected
Japan demands Apple to open a previously rejected third-party app store
【PhoneAuto News】Recently, according to the Yomiuri Shimbun, Japan has once again demanded that Apple allow the use of third-party app stores. Earlier, it was reported that the Japanese government planned to force Apple to open up third-party app stores through legislation. Japan has thus become another country/region, after the United States and Europe, that demands Apple to further open up.
Apple App Store
In a report by the Japanese government in April, concerns were expressed about Apple and Google’s control of the smartphone market. They believed that Apple and Google’s policies could harm the interests of app suppliers, and proposed new regulations to prohibit platforms from restricting users’ choices in how they use their devices. In addition, the Japanese government also questioned Apple’s commission policy in the report, and called on system suppliers to open up third-party app stores and disclose complete information about the system.
However, Apple does not seem to be willing to agree to the above requirements. In a statement, Apple said, “We respect some of the conclusions that the government does not agree with in the report,” but at the same time, Apple said that each of its operating departments is facing fierce competition and will continue to work constructively with the Japanese government. Just yesterday, data released by Apple showed that in 2022, App Store developers set a record of $1.1 trillion in revenue and sales in the App Store ecosystem, which also brought considerable income to Apple.
- Are you lost on which phone to switch to during 618 shopping festival? Check out these four models starting from 1499 yuan
- The white panel Meizu 20 standard version is only 2800 yuan If you don’t buy it now, you may miss the chance!
- Doesn’t this sound tempting? For less than 3,000 yuan, you can get the top version of OnePlus Ace 2V with 1 terabyte storage
Last year, due to the impact of the EU’s latest Digital Market Act, Apple was prepared to allow its iPhone and iPad users to use third-party app stores as part of its comprehensive reform. In addition, the EU also required Apple to open up more permissions to app developers, including allowing developers to install third-party payment systems in their apps to replace Apple Pay, but Apple has not made a final decision on whether to comply with this requirement.
- Morning News Moto Razr 40 Ultra released, BYD auto sales figures for May announced
- Apple plans to adjust its global retail chain and further expand its presence in the Indian and Chinese markets
- Honour 618’s first battle results Multiple products achieve sales crown, realizing high-quality growth
- The new Moto foldable screen phone sold out in just one minute, living up to its reputation as the latest price butcher
- Lenovo’s Zhang Hua Moto has made a good product that can fit every mood of the day
- The Moto Razr 40 series release has gone crazy with foldable screen phones starting at 3999 yuan
- Moto Razr 40 Ultra Revolutionary new interactive external screen Buy now and receive immediate shipment without the need to wait