There is a safety hazard! Mercedes-Benz recalls 1161 imported S-Class cars
Mercedes-Benz recalls 1161 imported S-Class cars due to safety hazard
【PhoneAuto News】On May 26th, PhoneAuto noticed that Mercedes-Benz (China) Automotive Sales Co., Ltd. has filed a recall plan with the State Administration for Market Regulation in accordance with the “Regulations on the Management of Defective Automotive Product Recalls” and its implementation measures. Starting from June 26, 2023, a total of 1161 imported S-class cars produced between April 3, 2020 and February 4, 2021 will be recalled.
The reason for this recall is that due to the inadequate sealing of the front bumper of some vehicles, water may leak into the interior of the vehicle, causing corrosion or short circuits in the wiring harness of the Pre-Safe safety system inside the car. In extreme cases, the seat belt tensioner and seat adjustment may not work properly, increasing the risk of collision injury to the driver and passengers, posing a safety hazard. Mercedes-Benz (China) Automotive Sales Co., Ltd. will reseal the front bumper of the recalled vehicles for free through authorized Mercedes-Benz dealers to eliminate safety hazards.
- Beijing household new energy small passenger car quota allocation results announced, more than 50,000 households qualified
- Lexus releases another teaser image of the new generation GX, which will officially debut on June 9th
- FF 91 has passed the FMVSS crash test, and the first phase of delivery is about to begin
Related Recall Information
In addition to this recall, PhoneAuto noticed that in the recall information disclosed on the website of the State Administration for Market Regulation in April, Mercedes-Benz (China) Automotive Sales Co., Ltd. had the largest number of recalls, with a recall scale of over 280,000 vehicles. It is understood that the recalled models of Mercedes-Benz are mainly the imported GLE and GLS series SUV models. Among them, on April 14th, a total of 211,049 imported GLE SUVs and ML cars produced between September 30, 2011 and February 15, 2019 were recalled; and a total of 32,530 imported GLE and GLS SUVs produced between October 21, 2018 and December 3, 2020 were recalled.
Mercedes-Benz is recalling vehicles produced during the aforementioned production dates due to issues such as inadequate sealing of the trunk, incorrect installation of air conditioning drain hoses, and possibly unstable rear door window glass decorations.
- 2023 Honda Lingpai officially launched, fuel consumption as low as 592L, starting at 119,800 yuan
- 999 million vehicles! In April, the sales volume of Chinese brand passenger cars increased by 814% year-on-year
- Headline! Ford CEO says Tesla is not the biggest competitor, BYD is
- Smart Elf #3 is expected to start delivery in June or be priced from 210,000 yuan for sale
- Changan Mazda CX-50 officially launched in the market, priced at 159,800 to 206,800 yuan
- Ford electric car users are allowed to access 12,000 sets of Tesla supercharging stations
- Faraday Future will launch the first batch of FF 91 deliveries at the end of May, and there will be new user benefits