What is this black technology? Kia’s new technology can allow the EV9 to provide power to households for 5-10 days
Kia's new tech allows EV9 to power households for 5-10 days What is this black technology?
【PhoneAuto News】People who have driven pure electric cars may know that nowadays many pure electric vehicles provide mobile power station function, which can become a “large battery” for other devices in outdoor scenarios such as camping. However, recently, Kia Motors from South Korea has stated that some of its electric vehicles can not only be used as outdoor power stations, but also can provide power for households in some emergency situations in the future.
Kia electric vehicles
Kia stated that the company has conducted many explorations in the power supply mode of the vehicles. The vehicle-to-load (V2L) function that it introduced is equipped on the EV6, which allows users to supply power to 110V/220V appliances through the EV6’s battery. In the new EV9, it also includes a vehicle-to-building and vehicle-to-home (V2B/V2H) system, which can use the SUV’s 99.8 kilowatt-hour battery to supply power to the house for 5 to 10 days, and can be used as a household emergency power source in some emergency situations.
- US Transportation Secretary Concerned about Tesla’s Autopilot Human-Vehicle Interaction
- BYD Song Pro DM-i Champion Edition Released Significant Upgrade on Front Face, Starting at 135,800 RMB
- Zero to 60 mph in 36 seconds! Aston Martin DB12 released with AMG 40T V8 engine upgrade
Kia intelligent charging plan
In addition to the above functions, the Kia EV9 also supports vehicle-to-grid (V2G), which means it can feed back excess power to the public grid. Kia’s ultimate vision is that thousands of electric vehicles can be connected to the grid and serve as virtual power plants in a short period of time.
In Kia’s view, it hopes to make its electric vehicles more convenient to use and focus on fully utilizing its advanced battery technology to improve the charging experience. Another technology planned by the automaker is Kia Connect, which can achieve “always online” connection between the vehicle, Kia services, and data providers. It allows real-time transmission of data through Kia’s connected car cloud, providing real-time updates and information for the vehicle.
- Toyota’s new Corolla Levin has been launched with a maximum power of 126 kW and a starting price of 129,800 yuan
- Upgrade content fully explained! Tank 500 OTA upgrade initiates full network push
- Implementation starts from June 1st! 36 cities pilot the promotion of video services for minor traffic accidents
- Seamless connection! The all-new NIO ES6 has officially begun delivery in 13 regions across the country
- Feng Xingya Overall prices of Guangzhou Automobile Group will stabilize as National VI A inventory is fully consumed
- Ranking of the Top 10 Chinese SUV Companies Released BYD is Number One, Tesla is Sixth
- Another cutting-edge technology for the chassis! The Tengshi N7 will be equipped with the iCVC intelligent vector control system