Possible black screen issue with reverse camera, Mitsubishi recalls nearly 90,000 Outlander vehicles in the US
Mitsubishi recalls almost 90,000 Outlander vehicles in the US due to potential black screen problem with reverse camera
【PhoneAuto News】According to foreign media reports, Mitsubishi Motors recently announced a recall plan in the United States. Nearly 90,000 classic models of Mitsubishi Outlander are facing recall due to problems with the vehicle’s reverse image.
The recall notice shows that some 2022 and 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander SUVs have software errors that may cause the infotainment screen to go black when the vehicle is reversing, making the backup camera unable to display. It is reported that a total of 89,907 vehicles are affected, including 2022 and 2023 gasoline-powered Outlander models and 2023 Outlander PHEV models.
- Hybrid and fuel have the same price! Nissan’s super hybrid electric-driven Qijun has officially launched, priced at less than 190,000 yuan
- Ideal Car welcomes OTA 45 version of the car system upgrade! Added child mode
- New Tesla Model Y for overseas delivery! Equipped with BYD blade battery
As early as July 2022, Outlander owners from Japan reported this issue, and Mitsubishi subsequently conducted an investigation, finding that this was caused by a problem with the software code of some vehicles. If the driver shifts into reverse within 40 seconds of the infotainment screen being turned on and keeps it for more than 6 seconds, the backup camera of the vehicle may turn black. According to US road safety regulations, all new vehicles must be equipped with a backup camera, so Mitsubishi’s problem will result in the vehicle not complying with federal regulations and must be recalled for repair.
Mitsubishi stated that it has only received four on-site reports and two warranty claims in the United States, and the company has not yet received any accident or injury reports related to this issue. Mitsubishi stated that the related recall will start from June 20th, and the company will notify affected vehicle owners to remind them of this issue. The affected vehicle owners will be advised to drive their vehicles to authorized dealerships, where staff will reprogram the infotainment system software to eliminate the possibility of the screen going black.
- The investigation results of the out-of-control Tesla case in Canada have been released, revealing that it was due to operational errors rather than mechanical failure
- Buy now to speed up the process! Rolls-Royce CEO Ordering a Ghost now will result in delivery in 2025
- Changan Automobile will establish a Southeast Asian division and plans to launch at least 30 global products in the future
- New exterior and interior design! The official release of the preview image of the new Honda Insight
- Fu Yao Architecture’s first model! Xiaopeng G6’s first car officially offline Charging technology further improved
- Five Ling Unsportsmanlike MINI EV reduced by 13,000 yuan, starting at only 29,800 yuan for the entire series
- Genesis GV70 officially launched with a maximum power of 304 horsepower, starting at 329,800 yuan!