Tesla collaborates with NHTSA to recall Model Y due to steering wheel can come off
Tesla and NHTSA team up to recall Model Y over steering wheel issue
【PhoneAuto News】On June 7th, PhoneAuto learned from foreign media Teslarati that Tesla has submitted a voluntary recall application to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for a Model Y recall affecting less than 140 vehicles.
According to NHTSA data, this safety recall involves certain Model Y vehicles produced between June 23, 2022 and May 1, 2023. It involves the Model Y steering wheel attachment. The Tesla Model Y recall affects approximately 137 vehicles.
“The steering wheel of the Model Y is fixed to the steering column with fasteners,” NHTSA said in the document. “Manufacturing and service records indicate that some accidents may be related to fasteners that were not tightened to specifications.”
- For the second time in a week! Ford recalls 125,000 vehicles in the US due to fire risk
- Tesla’s raw material procurement director poached by Rivian, potentially to compete against the Cybertruck
- Guangzhou-Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (GAC-FCA) is being forced to pay RMB 2 million Prior to this, they had applied for bankruptcy to the court
“Fasteners that are not tightened to specifications can cause the steering wheel to detach from the steering column. Tesla has not found any instances where the steering wheel completely detached from the steering column due to this issue.”
If the Model Y steering wheel does indeed detach from the steering column, the driver may lose control of the vehicle, potentially leading to a collision. Tesla’s records show that some Model Y vehicles may have been inadvertently marked as having complete torque records but were produced without the fasteners being properly tightened.
Tesla officially submitted the voluntary recall application to NHTSA on May 22, 2023. The company hopes to inspect Model Y vehicles that may be affected by the recall. So far, Tesla has identified four warranty claims and one field report that may be related to the issue.
- Behind the rise in maintenance costs for BYD, is it really cheaper to use new energy vehicles than traditional fuel-powered cars?
- Ferrari will launch its first all-electric car in 2025! The electric factory will be completed next year
- Starting at a price of 61,900 yuan! Geely’s fourth-generation Emgrand 2023 champion edition officially launched
- New official images and configuration information of the new Hongqi H9 have been exposed It is expected to be announced for sale in June
- The final work of the sixth-generation car model! The 2024 Chevrolet Camaro Collector’s Edition is released
- Year-on-year growth of 63%! Chery Group announced its car sales in May 139,000 units
- Ford’s adoption of Tesla’s charging standards has angered the CCS Alliance they are worried about being marginalized