Audi set a new record for electric vehicle sales in the United States in the second quarter of 2023
Audi achieved record-breaking electric vehicle sales in the US in Q2 2023
【phoneauto News】Audi’s electric vehicle sales reached a new peak in the second quarter of 2023 in the US market, with the all-new Audi Q8 e-tron appearing in the sales data for the first time.
According to InsideEVs, Audi sold a total of 55,582 vehicles in the US market in the second quarter of 2023, a year-on-year increase of 16%. In the first half of this year, Audi’s cumulative sales in the US reached 108,345 vehicles, an increase of nearly 30% compared to the same period last year. At the same time, Audi’s sales of electric vehicles also reached a new historical high, with a total of 5,652 units sold in the second quarter, an increase of 18% year-on-year, accounting for 10.2% of the total Audi brand sales. This indicates that Audi’s future is becoming more and more electrified, and this year will be a positive one.
Audi USA President Daniel Weissland said when announcing the second-quarter sales results, “With record-high consumer demand for our electric vehicle product portfolio, as well as strong performance in the high-end market and improved supply conditions, Audi USA is expected to achieve one of its best performances ever.”
- Another one? Electric car spontaneous combustion causes a major fire on a cargo ship, Nissan may suffer heavy losses
- Soul cannot be lost! Porsche 911 will keep the engine as long as possible
- Difficulties continue to increase as BYD successfully overcomes the technical challenges of CTB, further validating the safety of the entire vehicle
It is worth noting that in the second quarter, Audi began delivering its all-new Q8 e-tron/Q8 Sportback e-tron (a total of over 1,100 units), which replaced the e-tron SUV/e-tron Sportback that is about to exit the market (nearly 1,000 units were still delivered last quarter). As of now, Audi has sold over 10,000 electric vehicles in the US market this year, accounting for over 9% of its total sales.
For reference, in 2022, Audi sold over 16,000 electric vehicles in the US market, which was the best performance ever. This year, Audi should have no problem surpassing 20,000 units and may even approach 25,000 units. Unfortunately, the manufacturer did not provide any sales details about its plug-in hybrid models.
Audi’s performance is expected to further improve in the coming quarters, despite the company’s imported electric vehicle lineup not qualifying for the $7,500 federal tax incentives (which may be obtained through leasing). Audi previously announced that all newly launched models will be fully electric starting from 2026. Prior to that, the brand should gradually achieve more electrification (which may require local production).
- Seven major auto companies plan to jointly invest at least $1 billion in the United States to build tens of thousands of charging stations
- Shanghai, Qingdao, and other cities have experienced a sharp increase in charging fees for new energy vehicles, with some as high as 87%
- Stellantis CEO Volkswagen and General Motors face pressure in China
- Nissan announced that its electric vehicle sales have exceeded one million units, but it took a total of 12 years
- The European Union has passed new regulations to ensure the presence of fast charging stations on major roads in Europe by 2025
- AITO announces the official price range for the M5 Standard Edition! It is priced at 249,800 to 269,800 yuan
- Tengshi Automobile’s total number of users exceeds 100,000 The official has launched three major welfare policies