Huawei’s mobile phones have finally regained the number one market share in China, successfully surpassing Apple.
Huawei's mobile devices have reclaimed the top spot in the Chinese market, surpassing Apple and retaking the number one market share position.
【Mobile China News】Previously, Mobile China reported that in the 38th week of 2023, Apple’s market share reached 22.3%, more than double the previous week, leading Huawei, Honor, Xiaomi, and other competitors, and capturing the top spot in the Chinese market. However, rankings change quickly in weekly statistics. Recently, Mobile China noticed that the latest data shows Huawei has successfully surpassed Apple, reclaiming the top position in the Chinese market share.
BCI’s latest data shows rapid growth in Huawei’s smartphone sales, with year-on-year growth rates of 91%, 46%, 83%, and 95% for the past four weeks (W37-W40). Huawei’s market share in smartphone sales has also increased from around 10% before the release of the Mate60 series to 19.4% in W40 (October 2nd – October 8th), ranking first in the domestic market.
- Lei Jun confirms that Xiaomi 14 has already started production! First release of Xiaomi Pengpai OS system.
- China Mobile Customizing the Mate 60 model is a routine move, also procured the Pro version
- Foldable screen new benchmark! OPPO Find N3 equipped with dual diamond screens inside and outside
Analysts from Jefferies, an investment bank, also stated that Huawei has now taken the top spot in the Chinese market from Apple. The iPhone 15 did not sell as well as the previous generation, with sales declining by double digits, especially after Huawei unexpectedly released the Mate 60 Pro, surpassing Apple’s overall sales.
In 2019, Huawei was the world’s second-largest smartphone manufacturer, second only to Samsung. However, due to sanctions, Huawei’s smartphone sales experienced a significant decline in the following years, temporarily falling out of the top five in China. Fortunately, with the launch of the Huawei Mate60 series, Huawei is expected to reclaim the throne as China’s largest smartphone manufacturer, with smartphone sales potentially exceeding 70 million in 2024.
- Honor Play8T goes on sale tomorrow with a 6000mAh battery, comparable to a portable power bank.
- Xiaomi POCO C65 to be launched soon! Could be a rebranded version of Redmi 13C
- Shen Yiren has started using the OPPO Find N3 Imaging is considered leading in foldable screens.
- Report iPhone 16/16 Plus to be equipped with A18 chip, no longer using old chips
- Meizu 21 series may have an upgraded body material. Those who like flat screens can wait and see.
- Lei Jun announced Self-developed operating system Surging OS to be released with the launch of Xiaomi 14, replacing MIUI.
- Lei Jun promotes the Xiaomi 14 series on Toutiao, some netizens have raised questions.