Lei Jun announced Self-developed operating system Surging OS to be released with the launch of Xiaomi 14, replacing MIUI.
Xiaomi Founder Lei Jun Reveals Release of Surging OS, a Self-Developed Operating System, to Coincide with Xiaomi 14 Launch, Phasing Out MIUI
【Mobile China News】On October 17th, Mobile China noticed that Lei Jun, the founder, chairman, and CEO of Xiaomi, as well as the chairman of Kingsoft Software and an angel investor, officially announced: today is a historic moment for Xiaomi. The new operating system, Xiaomi HyperOS, has been officially packaged. The first phone to be equipped with the new system, the Xiaomi 14 series, has been delivered to the factory for production. From this moment, Xiaomi HyperOS will gradually replace MIUI.
According to previous information obtained by Mobile China, MIUI 14 will be the last official major version of MIUI, and there will be no MIUI 15 in the future. Xiaomi will directly launch its own-developed system. However, Xiaomi’s self-developed system will not be called MIOS, and its name is likely to be related to the words “Hyper” and “OS”.
- Lei Jun promotes the Xiaomi 14 series on Toutiao, some netizens have raised questions.
- iPhone 15’s initial sales in China decreased by 4.5% compared with last year. Is it all Huawei’s fault?
- Cook visited Chengdu! Took a photo with the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
On October 16th, Wang Hua, the General Manager of the Public Relations Department of Xiaomi Group, revealed that Xiaomi’s new self-developed system is not called MIOS or MiOS. Since iOS is already the name of a system, this naming is protected by law, so any naming with this suffix will not receive legal support and may even face the risk of litigation for infringement.
The Xiaomi 13 series was released at the end of 2022, and currently, the launch event for the Xiaomi 14 series is being prepared. Qualcomm has officially announced that the 2023 Snapdragon Summit will be held on October 25th-26th. The launch event for the Xiaomi 14 series should be held after the Qualcomm Snapdragon Summit, perhaps on October 27th, and the Xiaomi 14 series may have its first sale in this year’s Double 11 promotion.
- OnePlus Ace 2 Pro may be the best option in the three thousand yuan price range, with both performance and screen quality.
- Newsflash iPhone 15 Sales Decline, Tesla Speeding Lunatics Follow-up
- Various types available. Best smartphone product recommendations for October this year. A must-read before buying a phone.
- New option for a thousand yuan smartphones! OPPO A2x launched with a 5000mAh big battery
- Honor Magic Vs2 goes on sale today, taking the slim and lightweight experience to the next level. Starting from 6999 yuan.
- Global smartphone market shows the worst performance in a decade, and Apple sales are also not doing well.
- Xiaomi 14 series images primarily focus on the main camera, with strong stacking and first-of-its-kind technology.