An Indian official dropped his mobile phone in a reservoir and it caused the pumping of 21 million liters of water The phone was eventually found, but the official lost his job
Indian official lost job due to dropping phone in reservoir causing pumping of 21 million liters of water
【PhoneAuto News】What would you do if your phone fell into a reservoir? Most people would probably give up and buy a new phone. But would you go as far as pumping out the water to retrieve your phone? An Indian official did just that.
Recently, according to “Today India” report, an official in the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh dropped his phone into a reservoir while taking a selfie. After local divers failed to locate the phone, he brought two 30 horsepower diesel pumps to the reservoir and had them pump out almost 2.1 million liters of water. Four days later, the official found his phone, but it was no longer functional and he lost his job as well.
After this incident was exposed, another local official stated, “He has been suspended and will not be reinstated until an investigation has been conducted. Water is an essential resource and cannot be wasted in this way.”
- Starting at 2499 yuan! OPPO Reno10 series goes on sale tomorrow, with standard ultra-light and shadow long-focus
- Morning News Xiaomi and Apple won big during the 618 shopping festival, and Hengchi Automobile’s Tianjin factory has fully resumed production
- Google admits The previously developed folding machine was not good enough and cannot be released at all
However, Vishwas has his own reasons. In a video statement, he claimed that he had received verbal permission from another official to “drain some of the water from the reservoir into a nearby canal,” which “would actually benefit farmers because they would have more water.” He also claimed that the water discharged was from the overflow section of the dam and was “unsuitable for irrigation.” In addition, Vishwas claimed that his phone contained sensitive data.
Nevertheless, these reasons do not absolve him of the charge of abuse of power.
It is reported that the phone used by the official was worth about 1200 US dollars (about 8500 yuan), and appeared to be a flagship model from a mainstream manufacturer. Generally speaking, a flagship phone in this price range should support IP68 dust and water resistance, and can last for a period of time underwater. However, this feature does not support prolonged submersion, and after four days underwater, the official’s phone was irreparably damaged.
- Different price ranges are available! Four recommended models worth paying attention to during the 618 shopping festival Don’t miss out!
- means Let light and shadow be uninhibited and born freely vivo S17 refers to the vivo S17 Mountain and Sea Green (a color option for the vivo S17 phone) means Integrating the flowing mountains and seas into the phone So the sentence could be translated as Let light and shadow be uninhibited and born freely, the vivo S17 Mountain and Sea Green integrates the flowing mountains and seas into the phone
- Meizu 20 INFINITY Unbounded Edition is now available for pre-order It will be available for sale on June 12th at 1000
- What do you think of this price? The Asus Zenfone 10 is priced at around 5200 yuan
- Just 6 weeks after going on the market! Hisense TV U7K tops the sales chart at TOP1, setting an industry record
- iPhone 15 Pro Max parameters exposed, equipped with the same lens as the 14PM and a 3nm chip
- New Honor Image Frame Added, New Version System of Honor Magic5 Series Phone Online