iPhone 15 Pro series still in high demand for its release? Screen technology issues affecting stock availability
iPhone 15 Pro series remains popular upon release due to high demand, but stock availability is affected by screen technology issues
【Phoneauto News】The release of the new iPhone 15 series by Apple is getting closer and closer in September. However, there have been recent reports that Apple has encountered difficulties in the screen manufacturing of the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, which may affect the initial stock quantity of these two models. This means that if consumers want to experience the latest version of the iPhone as soon as possible, they may still have to compete to buy it quickly.
A production report about the iPhone 15 Pro series that was exposed on Thursday shows that Apple is using a new manufacturing process for the iPhone 15 Pro. Specifically, Apple plans to directly fix the display screen to the phone frame. According to The Information, Apple suppliers are using a new display manufacturing process to reduce the size of the bezels, which has caused problems with screens manufactured by LG Display. Previous leaks indicated that the bezels of the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max would be narrower than the iPhone 14 Pro model, and it is this narrowing of the bezels that has caused this problem to arise.
Reports suggest that Apple’s approach on the new iPhone is similar to what it did with the Apple Watch Series 7, which was launched in 2019, both aimed at increasing the display area. Apple faced challenges with the Apple Watch Series 7 back then, resulting in a delay of its release by about a month.
- Morning News Limited stock of iPhone 15 Pro series, TSMC factory production delayed
- Apple releases its 2023 Corporate Responsibility Report Becoming an Enabler and Deepening Education Continuously
- The scene of the first sale of the Honor Magic V2 was lively and extraordinary, with its slim design and long battery life being recognized
The report states that the screens provided by LG did not pass the reliability test during the fusion process with the metal casing. Apple is adjusting the design of the LG screens so that they can pass the test. Fortunately, Samsung, as another screen supplier, has not been affected, and its screens can be used for production and assembly.
The report states that this issue will not cause Apple to delay the release of the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, but it will affect the initial stock quantity of these two models. The manufacturing problem will have the most serious impact on the iPhone 15 Pro Max, which may make it the most difficult model to purchase after its release.
This issue could have a significant impact on Apple. Because consumers may once again return to the era of buying frenzy, and there may be a situation where a few new iPhone models are completely sold out, people will have to wait for several months for Apple to increase production and meet demand. In this case, Apple’s profit margin may be affected and directly impact its third-quarter revenue.
- Sony WF-1000XM5 will officially be launched next Tuesday Is the price 15% higher than the current model?
- Nubia Z50S Pro officially released, equipped with a custom 35mm lens, starting at 3699 yuan
- vivo Y27 4G officially launched, equipped with MediaTek G85 chipset, priced at around 1100 yuan
- All-round eye protection! OPPO K11 screen supports low blue light + high frequency PWM
- Apple is going all out! The super-thin folding smartphone Honor Magic V2 is in high demand for its first sale
- Huawei Mate60 exposed again Lingdong Island confirmed, giving up Snapdragon 8 Gen2
- Oneplus 12 is scheduled to be globally released in January, powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen3