BMW China announced an emergency donation of 15 million yuan to support Beijing’s flood control and disaster relief efforts
BMW China donated 15 million yuan to aid Beijing's flood control and disaster relief efforts
【phoneauto News】On August 3rd, phoneauto noticed that the typhoon “Du Sui Rui” caused severe rainstorms and floods in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region. In response to the disaster, BMW China has allocated urgently needed resources and donated 15 million yuan to the Beijing Charity Association. This donation will be used to purchase daily necessities, emergency rescue equipment, and post-disaster reconstruction work in the affected areas, such as Mentougou District and Fangshan District in Beijing. BMW stated that BMW China is working together with all sectors of society to contribute to the rescue and disaster relief efforts.
At the end of July, Typhoon “Du Sui Rui”, the fifth typhoon of this year, bypassed the islands of the Philippines and made landfall in Jinjiang City, Fujian Province, along the coast at 9:55 am on July 28th. At the time of landing, the maximum wind speed near the center was 15th grade (50 meters/second, strong typhoon level), making it the second strongest typhoon to hit Fujian since 1949. Currently, more than ten provinces in the country have been affected by Du Sui Rui. In the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, Du Sui Rui caused severe rainstorms, floods, and other geological disasters.
- The Geely Boyue sold 19,671 units in July! Cumulative sales exceeded 16 million units
- Cool! Tesla Model Y transformed into future police car with modification costs reaching up to 300,000 yuan
- Ideal L9 Pro officially launched! Unified retail price of 4298 million yuan, to be delivered this month
It is worth mentioning that many companies are currently donating to the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region to assist in disaster relief and reconstruction work. In addition to BMW China’s donation of 15 million yuan announced this time, Xiaomi Charity Foundation announced a donation of 25 million yuan to support Beijing, Hebei, and other places; BYD decided to donate 20 million yuan to support the rainstorm-stricken areas; Ant Group announced on its WeChat public account that it will donate 10 million yuan to Beijing and Hebei each, totaling 20 million yuan through the Ant Charity Foundation; Apple CEO Tim Cook stated in a post, “We are concerned about the people in Beijing and the surrounding areas of Hebei Province who have been severely affected by the rainstorms and floods. Apple will donate to support local disaster relief efforts.”
- He Xiaopeng confirms Wu Xinzhou’s departure thanks for his contributions, organizational changes will be more focused on AI
- 100 kilometers, 125 degrees of electricity, Tesla’s new Model 3 energy consumption exposed, to be released within this year
- Volkswagen applies for new trademark for GTI, potentially becoming a new symbol for performance cars in the electric era
- AMG EQE SUV overseas price announced, starting at approximately 800,000 yuan with 677 horsepower
- 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Makes its Debut in the United States with a Starting Price as Low as 360,000 Yuan
- Tengshi D9 sold 11,146 units in July, maintaining its position as the best-selling MPV in the market with sales exceeding 300,000 units
- BYD’s car sales in July exceeded 260,000 units, with exports reaching 18,000 units