EAON officially takes over Guangzhou Automobile Mitsubishi, and the third factory is scheduled to start production in 2024
EAON officially acquires Guangzhou Automobile Mitsubishi and plans to begin production at the third factory in 2024
【Phoneauto News】In the wave of electrification and intelligence in the automotive industry, many joint venture car manufacturers have gradually declined due to their inability to keep up with the times. Recently, Guangzhou Automobile Mitsubishi issued a letter to all employees, announcing that Guangzhou Automobile Mitsubishi will officially withdraw from the stage of history, and Ai An will take over Guangzhou Automobile Mitsubishi’s factory.
According to Phoneauto’s understanding, due to poor sales of the new model Outlander, Guangzhou Automobile Mitsubishi’s factory in Changsha, Hunan has been in a state of production suspension. Both shareholders need to provide 1.884 billion yuan to support its normal operation. Now Mitsubishi may become another multinational brand to exit the Chinese market.
It is reported that Ai An’s project team has officially entered Guangzhou Automobile Mitsubishi and is preparing to transform this 200,000-capacity factory into its third factory. The Guangzhou Automobile Ai An third factory with the internal code name “ACS Project” has been officially launched, and the transformation of the Guangzhou Automobile Mitsubishi production line has begun.
- Wuling Hongguang MINIEV is now available for sale overseas, with a starting price of approximately 73,300 to 85,600 yuan
- Baojun Yun Duo’s epic-level cabin space configuration announced, with a maximum rear volume of 1707L
- June Luxury Mid to Large-sized Electric Sedan Sales Ranking NIO ET7 Falls Behind Mercedes-Benz EQE
In addition, unlike the previous acquisition of the original Guangzhou Fiat Guangzhou factory, in addition to the existing factory, production line, and employees, Ai An is expected to also invest 670 million yuan to build a research and development center for the Guangzhou Automobile Mitsubishi, which will include a styling laboratory, EMC laboratory, new energy laboratory, comprehensive laboratory, prototype workshop, and research building.
- 11990 yuan! Tesla Cyberquad officially on sale, the official website is overwhelmed
- Toyota Lingzhi Intelligent Electric Hybrid Double Engine version will be launched on July 17th, equipped with THS II hybrid system
- The cars are not selling well! None of the 11 listed car companies have achieved their annual sales target of 50%
- NIO owners have completed a total of 25 million battery swaps, and the delivery volume in July may exceed 15,000
- The most likely cars to kill the driver in a car accident Ford Mustang and others on the list
- Goodwood Speed Festival Accidents Happen Frequently, with Vehicles Losing Control and Crashing into Walls Some Vehicles Even Had Their Wheels Fly Off
- Smart announced that it will raise $250-300 million in Series A financing, with Tianqi Lithium Industry as the lead investor