Smart announced that it will raise $250-300 million in Series A financing, with Tianqi Lithium Industry as the lead investor
Smart will raise $250-300 million in Series A funding, led by Tianqi Lithium Industry
【Phoneauto News】On July 13th, it was reported that smart plans to raise $250-300 million in Series A financing from the capital market. This round of investment is led by Tianqi Lithium with a planned investment amount of up to $150 million. After the completion of this fundraising plan, both Mercedes-Benz and Geely, as partners, will fully support the financing plan and continue to jointly hold the global smart brand company in the same proportion of shares. At the same time, the smart brand will continue to firmly implement the forward-looking development strategy of “dual core in China and Europe, global layout”.
In response to this, Mr. Tong Xiangbei, CEO of the global smart brand company, said: “We appreciate the support of Mercedes-Benz and Geely. The smart brand is accelerating its global development and business operations. At the same time, we warmly welcome the investment of global industry leaders represented by Tianqi Lithium. We believe that this move will not only further broaden the brand vision of smart, but also help strengthen the brand’s competitiveness in the global market.”
Data shows that in the first half of 2023, smart has delivered a total of 23,540 pure electric vehicle models in the domestic market. Among them, in June, smart delivered 3,829 units in the domestic market, an increase of nearly 46% compared to the previous month. In addition to the steady growth in delivery volume of smart Elf #1, the first batch of deliveries of the new smart Elf #3 started on June 21st.
- The all-new Haval H5 has been officially launched and is expected to be released in the fourth quarter, with a price range of 100,000 to 150,000 yuan
- Joint venture brand’s pure electric car sales ranking released Buick surpasses both North and South Volkswagen
- Enjoy a cash discount of 24,000 RMB on the MG MULAN Limited-time promotion, starting from a minimum price of 115,800 RMB
In the European market, the first batch of smart mass-produced cars has started delivery in March, and the delivery efficiency is expected to rapidly improve to a new level in the near future. It is reported that in early 2024, the new smart Elf #3 will be officially launched in the European market.
- Chery eQ7 officially goes offline, China’s first aluminum-based lightweight platform is released simultaneously
- 4056 million yuan! New Mercedes-Benz C 350 eL launched with a pure electric range of 105 kilometers
- One year has passed, why are new energy vehicle owners still enduring the torment of panoramic sunroofs?
- Chery Arrizo 8 High Energy Edition officially launched, priced at 129,900-146,900 yuan
- Paris will charge higher parking fees for SUVs, local officials calling it both wasteful and inefficient
- Lucid announces Q2 production and delivery situation, with a month-on-month decrease leading to an 11% drop in share price
- Tesla initiates the second phase of expansion for its Berlin factory, with a projected annual production capacity of one million units upon completion