The most likely cars to kill the driver in a car accident Ford Mustang and others on the list
Ford Mustang and other cars are the most likely to be involved in fatal car accidents
【phoneauto News】Unfortunately, not every car is safe. Some vehicles are much safer than others. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has compiled a list of the deadliest vehicles of the year 2020. It’s not surprising that this list includes subcompact cars, as they lack sufficient mass or materials to protect the driver in serious collisions.
However, some larger vehicles also appear on the list of vehicles “most likely to kill the driver” in a crash. And these vehicles are not massive heavy electric vehicles weighing several tons like the Tesla Model X or the GMC Hummer, nor are they supercars that can reach high speeds in seconds and are much lighter than ordinary commuter cars or SUVs. According to IIHS data, some of the deadliest cars are muscle cars.
- Goodwood Speed Festival Accidents Happen Frequently, with Vehicles Losing Control and Crashing into Walls Some Vehicles Even Had Their Wheels Fly Off
- Smart announced that it will raise $250-300 million in Series A financing, with Tianqi Lithium Industry as the lead investor
- The all-new Haval H5 has been officially launched and is expected to be released in the fourth quarter, with a price range of 100,000 to 150,000 yuan
According to IIHS data, the Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Charger and Challenger, and Ford Mustang are among the deadliest vehicles on the road.
At first glance, it may seem like those who dislike fun are spreading fear, but when you look at the data and the vehicles themselves, you will find that it makes sense. For example, cars like the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with over 700 horsepower undoubtedly provide a lot of fun on the racetrack. The sound of the supercharger and the roar of the massive V8 engine combined can be thrilling for most drivers. However, high horsepower is not suitable for inexperienced or aggressive drivers.
IIHS believes that these car advertisements are not of much help in promoting courteous driving. Just by looking at the advertisements for Charger, Challenger, Camaro, or Mustang, drivers will drive their vehicles in a dangerous manner. In addition, data shows that Dodge vehicles are more likely to “kill” both drivers in the event of a vehicle collision.
In fact, the most dangerous vehicles for drivers are not muscle cars, but the compact Mitsubishi Mirage G4, which is most notable for being the cheapest new car you can buy today. Mini cars like the Mitsubishi Mirage, Chevrolet Spark, and Hyundai Accent top the list of vehicles with the highest driver death rates.
Large trucks are the most deadly vehicles for causing deaths of other drivers, with the Ram 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed truck being the most lethal. This vehicle is over 21 feet long (about 6.4 meters) and weighs nearly 7000 pounds.
Chuck Farmer, Vice President of IIHS Research and Statistical Services, said: “Overall, newer vehicles are much safer than past vehicles. Unfortunately, there are still significant differences in the level of protection among various models. During the pandemic, the number of deaths related to speeding has also increased significantly, which may help explain why we have found that muscle cars perform the worst during this period.”
- Joint venture brand’s pure electric car sales ranking released Buick surpasses both North and South Volkswagen
- Enjoy a cash discount of 24,000 RMB on the MG MULAN Limited-time promotion, starting from a minimum price of 115,800 RMB
- Chery eQ7 officially goes offline, China’s first aluminum-based lightweight platform is released simultaneously
- 4056 million yuan! New Mercedes-Benz C 350 eL launched with a pure electric range of 105 kilometers
- One year has passed, why are new energy vehicle owners still enduring the torment of panoramic sunroofs?
- Chery Arrizo 8 High Energy Edition officially launched, priced at 129,900-146,900 yuan
- Paris will charge higher parking fees for SUVs, local officials calling it both wasteful and inefficient