Musk Tesla may announce the location of a new super factory before the end of 2023
Tesla may announce new super factory location by end of 2023
【PhoneAuto News】Tesla CEO Elon Musk revealed earlier today in an interview with The Wall Street Journal that the electric car maker may announce the location of its next super factory by the end of 2023.
Tesla super factory
“We may choose another location by the end of this year,” Musk said in the interview earlier today. It fuels months of speculation as Tesla competes globally for the next location of its leading electric car maker’s super factory.
- This is the most powerful configuration of the NIO ES6! NIO has already built 1419 battery swapping stations across the country
- Wuhan Car Buying Month event officially launches on May 25th and will distribute car consumption vouchers
- Tesla’s in-car system has the highest satisfaction rate, but the popularity advantage of CarPlay is more obvious
Tesla already has several super factories around the world: one in Fremont, California, another in Austin, Texas, one in Berlin, Germany, and one in Shanghai, China. Earlier this year, Tesla announced plans to build another production plant in Mexico but has yet to break ground.
There is no sign of where the new super factory may eventually be located. Several places are currently vying to become the next site of the super factory, which will help Tesla expand its global footprint.
India seems to have always been one of Tesla’s favored locations. Tesla has been seeking to reduce high import tariffs to test demand in the country before committing to building a factory. In addition, recent meetings with Musk and government officials suggest that France could be the site of Tesla’s next factory. But the actual situation is much more complicated. Canada is another location that many support as the next manufacturing plant for Tesla.
Tesla’s factories in Fremont, California and Shanghai, China are already producing vehicles at full capacity. The company is still increasing production in Berlin and Austin. It is expected that the company will achieve its goal of producing 1.8 million vehicles by 2023. However, Musk stated that Tesla has the ability to produce 2 million vehicles this year.
If everything goes according to plan, Tesla should have a new factory location selected by the end of 2023.
- In May, it is estimated that there will be 173 million narrow passenger car retail sales and 580,000 new energy vehicle sales
- Apple Car Key now supports Mercedes-Benz models Your phone and watch can serve as your car keys
- The headquarters office of the new force in car making, Ai Chi, has already terminated the lease and some employees need to pay for their own social security
- Travel far for what’s near? Tesla is reportedly shipping vehicles from China to Canada for sales
- New God of War? Audi Sports Department Leader says they will launch an upgraded version of the RS6
- Cadillac may welcome a new flagship! Electric version of Cadillac Escalade exposed, with the potential to achieve a horsepower of 1,000
- Style makeover! New Toyota Alphard teaser image revealed, possibly debuting on June 21st